Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Isaac Bruce won't play again for 49ers
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/23/isaac-bruce-wont-play-again-for-49ers/
Isaac Bruce won't suit up one final time for the 49ers, even though his former team is on the Week Seventeen schedule.

49ers coach Mike Singletary confirmed that Bruce will be inactive for the final two weeks, like he has been the last four. Facing the Rams one last time doesn't sound like a priority.

"The final hurrah is not that big to him," Singletary said.

Bruce is not believed to be injured, but is not practicing with the 49ers this week. What Singletary left unsaid is that Bruce is unlikely to ever play in the NFL again.

It would be a quiet end to a quiet player's career. But Bruce put some loud numbers for the Hall of Fame to eventually consider.

Bruce is currently second in NFL history in receiving yards, fifth in catches and ninth in receiving touchdowns.

Dec 4, 2005
u guys cant expect singletary to be bill walsh in his 1st full season. Hes definitley on the right track. Look at how he impacted VD's career. He just needs a few more pieces. O-Line and the secondary need to be addressed. Walt Harris should help but we need to get faster/younger.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
if the 49ers end the season @ 8-8 that's the best the 49ers been since 02/03 and it was done under Singletary 1st full year as H.C. Next Season is a make or brake season IMO.
and it was done with:

1. worthless Alex aka the biggest loser
2. idiot Raye
3. no special teams

we could have been 10-6 or 11-5

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
u guys cant expect singletary to be bill walsh in his 1st full season. Hes definitley on the right track. Look at how he impacted VD's career. He just needs a few more pieces. O-Line and the secondary need to be addressed. Walt Harris should help but we need to get faster/younger.
Walsh didn't even do it his first season, when he won the super bowl his career record was like 24-27.

Niners had 6 turn-overs when they beat the Cowboys to go to the Super Bowls.

All we need is a new o-line, new db's with speed, return man and a pass rusher. new o-cordinator would be nice too

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
HOW DARE YOU???

who said they were going to the superbowl?
lol forreal, even though it would be hilarious to see them lose another super bowl haha.

Lions will win a super bowl before the Tards do.

the Tards Peaked, and their decline is starting, once Warner is gone, the team will fall back to shit

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Along with a victory, Frank Gore would love to gain 58 yards rushing Sunday against the Detroit Lions at Candlestick Park. That would give him 1,000 yards for a fourth straight season.

No other running back in franchise history has rushed for 1,000 in four seasons, let alone four consecutive.

It's been a strange season for Gore, who saw a steady stream of eight-man defensive fronts early in the season, missed most of three games with an ankle injury, and then found himself as a single back in a spread offense.

"It's been tough," he said. "I missed three games, but I kept fighting. If I look back on the season, I think I'll be happy."

Gore will have little or no backup help Sunday. Rookie Glen Coffee is listed as doubtful with a quadriceps injury but won't play, according to Singletary, leaving Michael Robinson and fullback Moran Norris as the only other ball carriers.

Talking about Gore reaching 1,000 yards, coach Mike Singletary said, "That would be nice. I'm sure Frank would like that as well."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/12/26/SPA01B9M2P.DTL#ixzz0aqIOxlPC