Niccolo' Machiavelli

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2007
^^^
The book is definitely not about making friends. The book deals with the problems that come when you have power. It's a good read if you can handle all the old history examples.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
From what I remember, Machiavelli was a pretty respected person in Italy before the unification of the Italian states. He then got exhiled or fired or whatever from his position. A new prince took the throne. He wrote the book for the prince in order to get back into the good graces of the royal family. It is basically his advice to the prince on how to rule, on how to colonize, and on how to keep the colonies happy.

Its a good book if you ever plan on taking over large territories by force.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
1984 is a fantastic book. Its one of my favorite books I ever read that wasn't required reading. Its scary considering how much of that either came true or could come true.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
From what I remember, Machiavelli was a pretty respected person in Italy before the unification of the Italian states. He then got exhiled or fired or whatever from his position. A new prince took the throne. He wrote the book for the prince in order to get back into the good graces of the royal family. It is basically his advice to the prince on how to rule, on how to colonize, and on how to keep the colonies happy.

Its a good book if you ever plan on taking over large territories by force.
HEY, sombody with a brain! Nice to see that.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
We had to read Machiavelli in highschool, but I hated everything that I had to do in school, so I didn't pay much attention lol. Same goes for 1984...

Sep 28, 2002
From what I remember he directs the prince to make nice with influential parties in the manipulation of his subjects. He recommends several tactics bribery etc.. In effect winning friends in an effort to influence people.