NFL > UNIVERSE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
So you're saying God didn't make the NFL...

Pussy is good but think of how many pussies there are. There's only 18 Sundays Mondays and Thursdays of football. There's only two days of wild card and divisional playoffs a year, one day of conference championships, and one Superbowl.

Aug 24, 2003
the NFL is dope, but money > pussy > universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_on_television#Commercial_breaks said:
Commercial breaks

During each half of a network-televised game, there are ten prescribed commercial breaks following the official kickoff. Two are firmly scheduled, and eight others are worked in during breaks in the play.[25]
Pre-scheduled commercial breaks:

• The end of the first (or third) quarter
  • The two-minute warning of the second (or fourth) quarter
Other instances used for commercial breaks (eight total required per half):

• A timeout called by either team
  • Instant replay stoppage
  • Game stoppage after a score
  • Game stoppage after a kickoff or punt (excluding the opening kickoff of each half)
  • Game stoppage after a turnover
  • Injury timeout
Two commercial breaks during the typical 12-minute halftime period are considered separate.
Networks are more apt to front-load their commercials in the first and third quarters, to prevent an overrun in the second and fourth quarters respectively. If a team calls a timeout and the network decides to use it for a commercial break, a representative from the broadcast crew stationed on the sidelines wearing orange sleeves makes a crossing motion with his hands to alert the officials. The referee declares it a "two-minute timeout."
Once a broadcast has fulfilled the 8 "random" breaks, game stoppages are no longer needed for commercials. The orange sleeve will hold his hands down in a twirl motion to alert the officials. If a team calls a timeout, the referee will declare it a "30-second timeout." Once any timeout in a half is declared a 30-second timeout, all remaining timeouts will be of the same duration.
Since the 10 total commercial breaks for the second half are to be finished prior to the end of regulation, commercial breaks are rarely needed in overtime situations. In many cases, overtime periods are conducted without any commercials. This also allows the extended broadcast to finish in a timely manner.

Mar 16, 2005
As much as I love to watch football, as much $ and time i spend on football, etc...

worst baseball game > worst football game, and best baseball game > best football game therefore baseball > football. I just enjoy every little minute aspect of baseball. But dont get me wrong, Football rocks.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
i think, scary people like myself who played baseball half of there life can appretiate baseball more. theres so many games within the game.just like football. any old bum can run with a ball and play football at the park or what not. but to play baseball even at its lowest level park back yard etc.. u need alot more tools and dedication to even play the game correctly. i love baseball so i can 100% agree with u. but i dont see many who will agree

Mar 16, 2005
i think, scary people like myself who played baseball half of there life can appretiate baseball more. theres so many games within the game.just like football. any old bum can run with a ball and play football at the park or what not. but to play baseball even at its lowest level park back yard etc.. u need alot more tools and dedication to even play the game correctly. i love baseball so i can 100% agree with u. but i dont see many who will agree
oh i know im in a small minorty group, lol but like you said alot more goes into baseball overall than in football. And I also see the flip side, football is completely for the common sports fan, tv friendly etc... and it deserves to be #1 sport for viewership. but i would much rather watch a pitchers dual than brady vs manning

Mar 16, 2005
ahaha to each thier own. I grew up playing ball before i could walk (sort of sarcasm). much more to the game of baseball (including who's on bench and why). a pitcher, a catcher, a 1st basemen, a runner, a batter, a hitting coach all thinking and doing different things on every pitch, etc... Not many plays the same, and even if they are there numerous different outcomes all of which can be game changing.

Again I agree I can understand how baseball can be boring to people, but too me it's the best sport there is. granted like ecose said, i've been playing forever, and ever, I coach little league, etc... The movie the sandlot was my childhood, and the childhood of anyone growing up a baseball player. there is more to life than sports but if you are a baseball fan baseball is life.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002

lol...any old bum can play baseball..that doesnt mean he's any good...

Mar 16, 2005
lol...any old bum can play baseball..that doesnt mean he's any good...
I think what he meant is that anyone can hang with friends have fun thowing a football around and need no skills at all.

But baseball, even having fun in a backyard takes skill. not anyone can hit a moving object with a longer but skinnier object, etc...

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
yeah i dont wanna start a big debate on the skill level of the two sports.but its very hard to throw a baseball ,catch a baseball , and hit a baseball. ive seen so many dude who are big fast and strong , overall the most athletic looking dudes look like a gay lil boy trying to throw a ball or god forbid swing a bat and make contact to put a ball in play.

football is great dont get me wrong. i enjoy that also. was a lineman in high school . u have to be smart to play football too.

Nov 1, 2004
I played baseball for a long time, but a baseball game is fucking boring to watch. The only time I can get into baseball games is during the playoffs. 16 games in a football season and 162 in baseball. When baseball ended, I didnt give a fuck. I'm already worried about the NFL season ending.
Football needs to go back to its roots tho. Nothing better than seeing someone get crushed.

Feb 12, 2004
Atleast baseball doesn't try to add gay shit like no smack talking or no throwing at the players head.

Baseball is dope. Football is dope. Soccer is gay as fuck.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'd rather watch the 2 worst teams in football play each other than the two best baseball teams during regular season. Playoff baseball can hold my attention for a little while, but only if it's a local team playing (ie A's or Giants) if they're out then I don't care, although I might have slight interest if the Dodgers are in.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
yeah i dont wanna start a big debate on the skill level of the two sports.but its very hard to throw a baseball ,catch a baseball , and hit a baseball. ive seen so many dude who are big fast and strong , overall the most athletic looking dudes look like a gay lil boy trying to throw a ball or god forbid swing a bat and make contact to put a ball in play.

football is great dont get me wrong. i enjoy that also. was a lineman in high school . u have to be smart to play football too.
I wanted to argue the skill set for football was = until i read this.....It made me think of 2 of my homeboys i played high school football with.....They can play football well.... mainly hitting, blocking and tackling....They can catch and throw decent but really cant throw accurately (football)....

Then when we decided to play baseball at the park one day(home run derby)...They could not make contact with the ball for shit...not to mention we were throwing the ball overhand...but only like 30 to 40mph if that.........Thier swing was off and uncordinated as ever....Fielding was not even an option for them...they tried but couldnt hang at all.....Me and some of my other buddies were laughing at them...They even got a kick out of how much they sucked at baseball.........Baseball made them look uncordinated to say the least