NFL Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
The Bears fucking suck. I wanna say Cutler sucks cuz he does but it's not all his fault they suck at everything.
Yeah we'll he's sucking too but Im pretty sure they didn't have a defense yesterday. I certainly didn't see any.
I think Jay Cutler is only looking bad because the OL, with the exception of Kyle Long is terrible. Roberto Garza has been okay, but he is old.

But I agree with 2-0-Sixx here, the main problem now is the defense...the losses vs. the Patriots and the Packers made the Bears become the second team in NFL history to give up 50+ points in back to back games.

I think a big part of the reason why is because the Bears have had some pretty bad drafts over the past 4-5 years. Within that span, the only solid picks they've had are Pro Bowlers Alshon Jeffery, Kyle Long (who play offense, obviously), and Henry Melton (who is now with the Cowboys). I know the Bears understood Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Peanut Tillman, and Tommie Harris were aging, so they looked to the draft to replace them. It looks like Kyle Fuller has a promising future, so replacing Tillman seems to be somewhat settled for now I guess. But they've used high round picks on LBs Jon Bostic, Shea McClellin and DTs Stephen Paea, Ego Ferguson, and Will Sutton who haven't played up to the teams' expectations. Luckily they're still young, and they might turn it around, especially since Ferguson and Sutton are pretty talented and have a chance to be a solid DT combo.

Another problem is signing veterans who are past their prime to help on defense. Julius Peppers played well after being signed from the Panthers, but DJ Williams, Jay Ratliff, and Jared Allen would've been better free agent signings a couple of years ago. I think the worst signing out of the three has been Jared Allen, who is probably being paid the most out between the three, and has been a non-factor the entire season.

It's pretty sad seeing a Bears defense get shredded like they did in the back to back games vs. the Patriots and Packers, since everyone is used to seeing a sound Bears defense. Even Lance Briggs and Tim Jennings ain't doing shit.

I think Phil Emery and Marc Trestman will be fired at the end of the season, if not sooner.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
The Bears made me feel better about losing to the Jets.

For those keeping track, 3 of the Steelers 4 losses are to the Jets, Browns and Buccaneers.
No shit. The inconsistency these last three years has been pretty fucked up! Tomlin never seems to have his teams ready to go against below 500 teams. I can handle the losses to Cleveland and even Tampa Bay because Pittsburgh was a different team then. But to the fuckin' Jets? Especially after putting an ass whoopin' on Indy and the ratbirds just previously. I am just thankful we don't have Oakland on the schedule this year, because we would just chalk it up as a loss also. We'll see what happens against Tennessee next Monday night. :angry:

Stealth

May 8, 2002
We're like the Colts used to be. We have enough firepower on offense that we can NORMALLY overcome our shitty defense but just putting up tons and tons of points. But sometimes the offense doesn't click, and it when it doesn't, its a blowout. How long has it been since the Steelers offense has had to carry the defense?

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
We're like the Colts used to be. We have enough firepower on offense that we can NORMALLY overcome our shitty defense but just putting up tons and tons of points. But sometimes the offense doesn't click, and it when it doesn't, its a blowout. How long has it been since the Steelers offense has had to carry the defense?
I have been watching the Steelers on Sundays since I was a little crumb snatcher (1979-ish) and there hasn't ever been a season where the offense carried the defense in this way.

In the early 80's the only real offense we had after Franco, Bradshaw, Swanny, etc. retired was the end of Stallworth's career and my favorite player throughout my childhood, Louis Lipps. Poor old Lewey never had a decent QB throwing to him. We could have had Dan Marino, but that was another whole fucked up story. So we had to settle for Mark Malone, haha. Then came glimpses of talent in the 90's like Barry Foster, Bam Morris, etc. until the Bettis and Kordell combo arrived with Cowher implementing the option. Long story short, our defense was always priority in the Steelers organization.

Pittsburgh has always been defensive minded from the 70's all the way up until they started making these rule changes recently in the past 4-5 years. After the league started handing out fines to James Harrison and others, that was the end of traditional football (don't get me started).

So this is the first time in my life that I have seen this situation in Pittsburgh. With all that being said, this is the most talent I have ever seen on any Steelers team in 30+ years! We are loaded at the skills positions and this has been the best offensive line I have seen in years thanks to Mike Munchak. There is no reason why they shouldn't be putting up 30+ points per game.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
I have been watching the Steelers on Sundays since I was a little crumb snatcher (1979-ish) and there hasn't ever been a season where the offense carried the defense in this way.

In the early 80's the only real offense we had after Franco, Bradshaw, Swanny, etc. retired was the end of Stallworth's career and my favorite player throughout my childhood, Louis Lipps. Poor old Lewey never had a decent QB throwing to him. We could have had Dan Marino, but that was another whole fucked up story. So we had to settle for Mark Malone, haha. Then came glimpses of talent in the 90's like Barry Foster, Bam Morris, etc. until the Bettis and Kordell combo arrived with Cowher implementing the option. Long story short, our defense was always priority in the Steelers organization.

Pittsburgh has always been defensive minded from the 70's all the way up until they started making these rule changes recently in the past 4-5 years. After the league started handing out fines to James Harrison and others, that was the end of traditional football (don't get me started).

So this is the first time in my life that I have seen this situation in Pittsburgh. With all that being said, this is the most talent I have ever seen on any Steelers team in 30+ years! We are loaded at the skills positions and this has been the best offensive line I have seen in years thanks to Mike Munchak. There is no reason why they shouldn't be putting up 30+ points per game.
I just watched a documentary on the 84 draft it was pretty cool. How teams passed on Dan Marino cuz they thought he was a druggy lol. The Steelers took a nuts DT who got paralyzed driving drunk like 6 games into the season. I'm sure you know that but the show was pretty interesting. I didn't know that shit.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
NFL Opens Counseling Center To Help Bears Fans Cope With Devastating Blowouts

CHICAGO—In an effort to provide much-needed psychotherapy services and professional support to local Chicago communities, the NFL officially unveiled a new counseling center Thursday for Bears fans struggling to cope with devastating blowouts. “With this new facility, which is open 24 hours a day, fans will be able to come in and talk through feelings of severe depression, anxiety, grief, anger, and hopelessness with our highly trained staff in a supportive, confidential setting,” said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, noting that patients have the option of speaking to therapists one-on-one or joining a group session to help them come to terms with a disastrous Bears performance. “Of course, the center is not just for those suffering in the immediate aftermath of a particularly difficult or traumatic loss. Patients may also receive care when the team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, the front office offers a new contract to an underperforming player, or any other such issue arises within the Bears organization that causes significant emotional pain and mental anguish. Our message to depressed or suicidal Bears fans is clear: You are not alone, and help is here.” Aiello went on to say that while the NFL chose to place its flagship counseling center in the city of greatest need, plans are in place to soon open similar facilities in Jacksonville, Oakland, and Tampa Bay.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I just watched a documentary on the 84 draft it was pretty cool. How teams passed on Dan Marino cuz they thought he was a druggy lol. The Steelers took a nuts DT who got paralyzed driving drunk like 6 games into the season. I'm sure you know that but the show was pretty interesting. I didn't know that shit.
That documentary kind of made me not like Elway. As a person anyways. Dude was a beast on the field.

Jan 18, 2006
Green Bay is officially the team to beat. They got so many blowout wins this year and now they did it against of the best teams in the NFL. Game against the Saints was a fluke lol but if they get homefield in the playoffs its a wrap

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2006
I've been saying... STL is underrated. They're about another season out from being 100% legit contenders.

On a side note.. I think the Cardinals are due for a couple of losses.