NFL RB's and TE's VS Best Rugby Team

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
I had a drunken friendly debate with some euro faggot at the bar yesterday afternoon who knocked the NFL saying it was a pussy American sport since we use padding and helmets. He also said Soccer was more exciting than the NFL which I just LULZ'd in his face.

I know how the sport of Rugby works and I think its a great sport but as I watched some highlights on YouTube, I was looking at the build at some of these athletes (No Homo) and was wondering what you would think if some of the best RB's and TE's in the NFL teamed up and went against the best Rugby team in a Rugby game.

I told the dude that Adrian Peterson, Vernon Davis, Arian Foster etc would run right thru these rugby dudes.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I had a drunken friendly debate with some euro faggot at the bar yesterday afternoon who knocked the NFL saying it was a pussy American sport since we use padding and helmets. He also said Soccer was more exciting than the NFL which I just LULZ'd in his face.

I know how the sport of Rugby works and I think its a great sport but as I watched some highlights on YouTube, I was looking at the build at some of these athletes (No Homo) and was wondering what you would think if some of the best RB's and TE's in the NFL teamed up and went against the best Rugby team in a Rugby game.

I told the dude that Adrian Peterson, Vernon Davis, Arian Foster etc would run right thru these rugby dudes.
ok first of all the euro you spoke to sounds like a clueless fag.

as for RUGBY, I can't speak on it, but compared to our national game RUGBY LEAGUE, I would say in terms of fitness levels we would be right up there higher than most other sports.

But, for sheer power (RB) and speed (WR) I don't think anybody can see the NFL. NFL is more focused on impact plays and one play of everything your body can take.

a NFL RB pwer back would most likely truck in Rugby/rugby league, but then again it could be done the other way around.

although, we do put on impact plays if you take alook here

might not be as big as NFL, but it's done for 80 minutes, 40 minutes each half with no stoppages, so fitness levels play a bigger part than strength. Image NFL games being played with everyone rushing back to the line of scrimmage after each play and the ball being snapped after 2 seconds for the entire game.

also, fist fights pop off every so often and it's usually accepted.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
Rugby players deserve respect, but when it comes to the combination of size, speed, strength, explosiveness and overall athleticism NFL reigns supreme.
i disagree that where you say it is a combination. most NFL players can focus on one part of the game, as that is his only role, where as rugby players do everything and they do it for a lot longer than nfl players. therefore they will be good at mainly one thing, and lacking in others.

May 9, 2002
Rugby has less injuries than the NFL...and its because they don't have the pads on.

I know that has nothing to do with the discussion, but its still lightweight ironic.

And of course we think NFL players are the best in the world...we are American. And its the same reason the "euro-fag" thought otherwise. We are always going to carry bias towards our own national sports. No ground breaking info here.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
What? I'm talking about physical traits and gifts, not what role they play in their sport.
yes but what i am saying is that each role needs different traits. a WR is going to have a very different skill set to a defensive linesmen, whereas every player on the rugby field can handle a football well as well as make tackles and runs.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Rugby has less injuries than the NFL...and its because they don't have the pads on.

I know that has nothing to do with the discussion, but its still lightweight ironic.

And of course we think NFL players are the best in the world...we are American. And its the same reason the "euro-fag" thought otherwise. We are always going to carry bias towards our own national sports. No ground breaking info here.
thats true, but I live in hope that one day everyone around the world will have more respect for other peoples sport.

I know Rugby League or any other sport is a hard sell in the US, you guys have sport all year round, nba, mlb, nhl, nfl.. Right now it's really only Australia and England that play it, but we are always working on promoting it elsewhere and with russel crowe and his pulling power we should be getting more exhibition games in the US in the near future.