NFL LIVE - Anyone watch these morons?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I don't know why I do...these guys make absolutely no sense!

If you haven't been watching it lately...they are going team by team, starting with the first pick in the draft...and giving an analysis of the team and who they should pick.

Today they did the Browns and said that the O-Line and D-Line need a major upgrade as they can't run or protect the QB...and they can't stop the run. No surprise there.

So who should they draft? Russell or Quinn. You just got done trashing both lines but you want them to take a QB?

Now, I'm no expert...but if you can't run or protect the QB, why on fuckin' earth would you draft a QB. Especially when you have guys that would help fill those holes sitting at that spot.

I really feel like I could do a better job.

Aug 23, 2002
I figure they need to get Jamarcus Russel bc he wants to play their badly, and your team does start with your QB. I know what you mean about not being able to stop shit, but I dont feel like taking a linemen with a top 5 pick is all that smart.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
It's pretty much opinion based.... like we do here. I would say Cleveland could use a franchise type quarterback though (if they want to start winning on a consistant basis). They change qb's a lot so they need some kind of stablility in that area of their team. Their line wasn't as bad as Oakland's though.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Bellboy184 said:
I figure they need to get Jamarcus Russel bc he wants to play their badly, and your team does start with your QB. I know what you mean about not being able to stop shit, but I dont feel like taking a linemen with a top 5 pick is all that smart.
I thought Troy Smith wants to play there badly? JaMarcus already said he wants to get paid.... and Oakland does have the number one pick.

May 2, 2002
thascary1 said:
ESPN is the devil....and anyone who gets their info from them should get thier sports forum access denied!
lol...you tryin' to tell me something scary?

But really...I don't know why I continue to watch. I guess cause it's really the only thing on.

Mar 16, 2005
gimpypimp said:
lol...you tryin' to tell me something scary?

But really...I don't know why I continue to watch. I guess cause it's really the only thing on.

no I'm not trying to tell you anything...lol, because obviously you are smart enough to not buy into them as you started this thread....lol

I could understand watching them yes...I do sometimes too, but some people that watch them then take that word as bible and spout it off on message boards is funny.

May 2, 2002
Tony said:
It's pretty much opinion based.... like we do here. I would say Cleveland could use a franchise type quarterback though (if they want to start winning on a consistant basis). They change qb's a lot so they need some kind of stablility in that area of their team. Their line wasn't as bad as Oakland's though.
I get that...but they just don't make sense.

Games are won and lost in the trenches...and Cleveland needs those upgraded badly. They haven't done anything to really upgrade those positions other than getting Bentley (who is hurt). And this has gone on year after year.

Yes, they could use a franchise QB...but as someone who sees this team week in and week out...the Lines are a far more serious need.

May 2, 2002
Tony said:
I thought Troy Smith wants to play there badly? JaMarcus already said he wants to get paid.... and Oakland does have the number one pick.
It is Smith.

They said Russell and our GM have a connection in that they are from the same area. And something about Russell going to his football camps. But I don't see it happening.

May 2, 2002
I mean...seriously...this is how it sounds.

"You will never be competitive if you can't run and you can't stop the run."

"So what should they do?"

"They need to draft Russell or Quinn."

I think I'm going to apply at ESPN.

Aug 7, 2003
you obvisiouly dont know how the nfl draft works, you take the Best available player. the best O-line is projected at the #2 pick, browns pick either 3 or 4. the next best o-line is projected in the 10-15 range. you dont draft him at 3 or 4 cus it would be just dumb. browns have had 10 different qb's since 1999 or 2000, so pickin a franchise qb would allow them to have a solid qb for the next 5-10 seasons and then focus on the other spots next. they can always fill oline and dline via free agency or later rounds in the draft. franchise qb's come around every year but only in the top 10 picks. browns either take quinn or peterson in my opinon and can grab troy smith in the 2nd round if the #1 oline (joe thomas) falls to their pick.

May 2, 2002
How do you know what I know and what I don't know...especially when it comes to my own team?

I'm 30 fuckin' years old...and have been following football my whole life. I know how the draft works.

Who said anything about taking a projected 10-15 guy at 3 or 4?

If Thomas is gone, take Peterson. If they are both gone, Branch or Anderson will be there. Maybe a little risky taking one of them that high...but you get a great player and fill a position that you desperately need.

Year after year it's the same...can't run, can't protect the QB and can't stop the run. Drafting Quinn will not change that.

Apr 25, 2002
I agree they are idiots, but they are right about the Browns needing to draft a QB with their pick. The way they explained it was probably inane and retarded because they should have mentioned that the lines could be addressed in free agency or later in the draft, then went ahead and said they should take the QB. That would have made more sense and justified their opinion because, theoretically, the lines would have been addressed and they would have gotten something they've been lacking every season.. An offensive leader.

Aug 9, 2006
i will forever hate merril the idiot hodge......vinces youngs number one hater......after the houstan game (where VY had the winning touchdown run in OT) merril had the odacity to talk shit about VYs running.......saying hes "flat footed" or some dumb ass shit.....seriously what does he have against my dude???

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Some people just hate man... in regards to Vince Young. His legs scare more people than his arm does. But anyway, I agree with hella numb. That's what I was trying to say about the Raiders. They probably have the worst o-line in the NFL but different coaching, the draft, and a few free agents here and there would help so I don't see why the Raiders should give up their number one pick just to address the offensive line. You barely get number one picks so it would be better to keep it and draft one of the best players available.

May 2, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
I agree they are idiots, but they are right about the Browns needing to draft a QB with their pick. The way they explained it was probably inane and retarded because they should have mentioned that the lines could be addressed in free agency or later in the draft, then went ahead and said they should take the QB. That would have made more sense and justified their opinion because, theoretically, the lines would have been addressed and they would have gotten something they've been lacking every season.. An offensive leader.
It was beyond retarded...they didn't even mention the QB as being a problem area! I agree that it is...but to not even mention it and then say that's what we should pick?

I'm just tired of not being able to run and being ran on year after year. We always rank near the bottom of the league in offense and run D. When you rush for 50 yards a game and give up 150...I just can't put that on the QB.

I'm not ready to give up on Frye after 1 year. Who's to say he can't be our leader? Address the lines...see how he does. If he doesn't pan out...get a guy later.

I'm not that high on Quinn anyway.

May 2, 2002
MooreBlock530 said:
i will forever hate merril the idiot hodge......vinces youngs number one hater......after the houstan game (where VY had the winning touchdown run in OT) merril had the odacity to talk shit about VYs running.......saying hes "flat footed" or some dumb ass shit.....seriously what does he have against my dude???
Luckily Hodge wasn't on the show...I hate that fucker. All he does is talk about the Steelers...even if it has nothing to do with the conversation.

Before the Super Bowl they asked him who he thought would win. He said..."well first of all, the Steelers are still the champions."

Uhhh...that's great Merril, but what does that have to do with anything.