Newly Born Sheep has Human Face

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
Things just keep getting stranger and stranger nowadays. Recently, a sheep in a Turkish village gave birth to a lamb that possesses a face that resembles that of an adult man’s. The veterinarian who gave birth to the lamb was the first person who noticed that the animal’s snout look a lot like a human face. The lamb was hairless, and its nose, eyes, and mouth resembled that of a human’s, and only its ears was that of a sheep’s.

According to the veterinarian, “I’ve seen mutations with cows and sheep before. I’ve seen a one-eyed calf, a two-headed calf, a five-legged calf. But when I saw this youngster I could not believe my eyes. His mother could not deliver him so I had to help the animal.”

Unfortunately, the mutant lamb died right away after birth.

While certainly astonishing and rather unusual, what’s even more disturbing is that it was reported that the mutant lamb was the result of a sexual relationship between a man and an ewe. Sadly, the opportunity of conducting a further study regarding the strange birth is no longer possible, as village locals who were disturbed by the occurrence burned the mother’s body before experts had a chance to look into the unusual mutation.

Scientists and veterinarians agree that the lamb with a man’s face was the result of a rare mutation. One veterinarian speculates that the mother sheep’s fodder, which contains an abundant supply of vitamin A, might have been the cause for the mutation, and thus made the lamb’s face look like that of a human’s.

This is not the first time that such an event occurred. In 2009, a similar kind of birth happened in Zimbabwe, wherein a sheep gave birth to a lamb with human-like face. This mutant lamb however remained alive many hours after it was born, but villages became extremely disturbed and frightened by the animal that the villagers eventually killed it.
http://thenewschronicle.com/sheep-birth-mutant-lamb-human-face/011502537/