New Young Slim track "City of Rain"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
The song is official, the verses were on point and Wanz killed the hook. Slim your still one of the dopest in the Northwest, I look forward to hearing the album when it drops...

May 18, 2002
www.myspace.com
Good lookin pimp...I think a lot of people who wasnt feelin ya boy on the Angry Souls album will be like "WOAH"...Im also 5 years older so Ive grown up a lot yadadada....

PS...I got your PM, my bad I havent had time to hit you up. Gimme a call later tonight...

Apr 25, 2002
Thank you for posting this, that is a good song. It reminds me of a song from the Grynch album (I forgot the name) where it's a nostalgic tribute to Seattle. FUCK I know this sample but I can't think of it right now, on the tip of my tongue, it's the same one Beanie Sigel used for "I Can't Go On This Way."

Wanz is great, haven't heard from him in awhile, but he was awesome like I would have expected. He could probably hibernate for 10 years and wake up singing like that. It also hits a little harder for me now b/c I'm not in the city of rain right now.

And I agree w/ what Lil G said, 5 years later the voice is a little more mature and steady.

Jul 12, 2002
Damn I remember hearing this song with no hook and different verses way back when I was at your studio. I always wondered how the hook was gonna turn out. Shit is dope! Great to have this song seeing the light of day finally. Wanz did kill it.

Kaoz, call me sometime today, my number is in the sig of my emails.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Cant' check it since I'm at work, lol....but I think I've heard this before, maybe?

Either way, the album is dope and I think people will be impressed/happy with the product.

Slim, you're just so conceited. lol.

Apr 25, 2002
PS...I got your PM, my bad I havent had time to hit you up. Gimme a call later tonight...
I can't find the number, I was looking for that shit earlier. Send it to me in the pm.

FUCK I know this sample but I can't think of it right now, on the tip of my tongue, it's the same one Beanie Sigel used for "I Can't Go On This Way."
From what I remember the song sampled Mtume "Juicy Fruit," but I could be tripping cause it's been awhile. All I know is that D-Sane really flipped the beat on this one. You should of heard the verse Mo-X originally did for this, Heat....