New York City confiscating rifles and shotguns

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
The NRA website's source is the same one that all of the other sites have: thetruthaboutguns.com, the are ZERO other sources on this even though FOX talked to the NYPD.

And in terms of american news sources I completely forgot about NPR which has the best reporting by far of anyone in the country, and would be all over reporting something like this if there was any truth to it. Again, I don't dispute that long guns that hold over 5 rounds are illegal in NYC, thats on the books since 2010, I don't dispute, although I'm not convinced, that letters may have even been sent out telling people who own guns that are ILLEGAL UNDER NYC LAW that they need to deal with that, but no one is running around seizing guns from peoples houses. If North Dakota sent a letter to someone who owned a tank telling them it was illegal and to deal with it, would that be a big deal?
currently i dont believe NY is going door to door demanding guns to be turned over, but i do believe that it is requesting guns that fit the description to either be handed over or be destroyed or face consequence...

and i believe once the government feels they have enough people handing over their guns whether it be through buy back programs or voluntary, they will be at the rest of the citizens doors demanding them being handed over and by force if necessary...comply or die basically

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
first thing they are doing is going after the ammo, the proof is in the pudding. they are buying billions of rounds of ammo and shut down the last lead smelting plant in the U.S., so now you pay a fortune for ammo and it's pretty much impossible to find .22 ammo right now.
thats right, guns are worthless without bullets...but lets say some of us have a good amount of stockpiled ammo ...still a threat..the guns if you go about legal ways are registered so the government knows what you have already

Last edited: