New Strange Signing ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2008
http://blog.strangemusicinc.com/2011/02/picking-the-new-face-of-strange-music-editorial/

Basically it says there looking alot at Hopsin, Craig Smith and Irv Da Phenom and that the fans will play a key role in who they are looking at. Am I the only one who thinks those 3 in particular are all the wrong choice ? Yea they have pulled of a good track here and there but all in all there nothing special..We get enough Sickology and Mixed plates we dont need an artist who will basically do the same sound.

My vote goes to Stevie Stone if it has to be any of the names listed on that blog.

Dec 14, 2005
Craig Smith is alright..I dont know if I see him working out on strange though.. I havent really bumped a lot of Hopsin but hes straight, that could work out.. Irvs pretty much a baby Kaliko, but I dig his verses. Stevie Stone? Ehh.. Nesto would be a good fit honestly, they could use a straight up punchliner I think.. Hes a good feature on tracks from what ive heard.. My votes for Nesto

May 7, 2008

yea way better than the top 3 mentioned ^ him or stevie.

Do you live on siccness ? u been registered to this shit less than me but have triple post... but i dont give a fuck.. it popped up on fbook only reason i know lol

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
ive checked out solo projects from nesto and stevie stone and wasnt impressed at all. they are good features but cant seem to have the same impact when they are depending on themselves

Hopsin is extremely talented, has 1 really good album and 1 decent one, along with a good mixtape. his issue will be trying to do more music that isnt about how angry he is.

craig smith was dope on "in the air" but thats all ive heard from him.

i think ive checked a few irv solo tracks and wasnt too impressed

Oct 25, 2006
Hopsin can rap, there's no doubt about that, but damn if the dude doesn't cry on every track he's on. Dude needs some light in his life, but I still don't think that would change his attitude.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Irv is the only one I would care to see out of everyone mentioned. I gave Stevie a go, but New Kid Comin suffered similarly to the complaints about Monsterifik in that it all sounded the same (though, I disagree about Monsterifik). Craig went in on In The Air, but I've yet to be impressed by anything of his since. Nesto... I checked out some of the dude's music prior to Sickology and was unimpressed by what I heard. Nothing since has really changed my opinion. The Man in my City remix was alright, but that was more for the guests and less because of Nesto so...

Hopsin... eh, dude might be decent but the dude's personality and shit kills any interest from me. I could see someone like that potentially being a liability to the label.

Oct 25, 2006
I seriously don't see the buzz behind Nesto and Craig Smith... to each their own, but I just don't see what's so spectacular about these guys that so many people wanna see them signed to Strange. I've listened to both of their music, and it's okay, but...

May 7, 2008
I dont think anyone mentioned in this entire thread is even really that good and wouldnt WOW me or get me excited at all.. Why cant they look past these little named people and try get something thatll make STRANGE..STRANGE.