NEW SLAPS / SEARCHIN FOR ARTISTS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 31, 2008
soundcloud.com
www.soundclick.com/djplayuhh

1. Can I get some opinions?

2. It's hard for me to find local artists for these tracks

I've been on the grind lately trying to get these beats to well fitting artists but I'm getting fed up with these locals.

I know it aint my beats I've been droppin some good shit lately...

I need some real talent that'll actually work with me and I ono where to look!

What do you think? Who should I approach?
In my recent experience REAL TALENT is rare and hard to access

Feb 5, 2006
HONEST FEEDBACK, THOSE BEATS ARE WEIRD. LOL MAYBE THATS WHY U HAVIN A HARD TIME FINDING FOLKS TO HOP ON'EM. ITS USUALLY THE OTHER WAY AROUND. SHOULD BE EASY FOR A PRODUCER TO FIND SOMEBODY WILLING TO SPIT ON SUMTHIN. NOT MY STYLE BUT OUT OF ALL THESE RAPPERS, IM SURE YOU'LL FIND SOMEBODY WHO FUCKIN WITH IT

Oct 19, 2004
I honestly think you should focus more on improving your craft quite a bit more before you approach artist to get on your beats. There's room for lots of improvement. The beats were pretty hard to listen to and follow...the sounds were weird/goofy and it was very basic and cheap sounding. Work on developing a better sound and style.

Dec 4, 2006
your production gotta stand out and be at the quality or better quality that artists you wanna work with use or are used to...right now id say most of your production needs work before you could work with bigger ppl

Apr 27, 2005
With your style, BART is definitely not the place to be shopping your beats. You should try to work with Pop artists, I didn't hear many beats actual rappers would want to hop on.

Sep 17, 2007
IMO you use alot of good sounds and don't seem scared to hit the keys. Some of them are kinda weird. on some Andre3000 shit. but you did have a few slaps in there. I would suggest looking for a female singer for most of them joints.