New Sigur Ros album (kind of)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Sigur Rós – Hvarf-Heim (2007)
http://www.mediafire.com/?9nzgwxxgy23

Hvarf-Heim is a Sigur Rós double-CD compilation album. Hvarf contains studio versions of previously unreleased songs (with the exception of "Hafsól", which was released as the b-side of Hoppípolla in 2005), while Heim contains acoustic studio versions of songs already released.
Hvarf ["disappeared" or "haven"]
"Salka" [The name of Georg's stepdaughter], previously unreleased
"Hljómalind" (Formerly known as "Rokklagið" ["The Rock Song"]), previously unreleased
"Í Gær" (Formerly known as "Lagið Í Gær") ["Yesterday"], previously unreleased
"Von" ["Hope"], original version on Von
"Hafsól" ["Sea Sun"], same version as on Hoppípolla, original version on Von

Heim ["home"]
"Samskeyti" ["Extension"], original version on ( )
"Starálfur" ["Staring Elf"], original version on Ágætis byrjun
"Vaka" [The name of Orri's daughter], original version on ( )
"Ágætis Byrjun" ["An alright start"], original version on Ágætis byrjun
"Heysátan" ["The Haystack"], original version on Takk...
"Von" ["Hope"], original version on Von

The acoustic versions are so fucking good.

They need to release a real new album though soon.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I forgot how relaxing it is to put them on and just lie down and listen to the music.

shit I just realized some of the tracks are missing.
Salka and Hafsol aren't in the folder

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
This is easily going to be in my top 10 of the year even though it's just a few unreleased and acoustic songs. The acoustic versions are so fucking good.

This comes out a couple weeks after the album and I'll be getting this as well for sure.

Heima (At home) is a documentary and double DVD set about Sigur Rós' tour around Iceland in the summer of 2006. During this tour the band played two big open-air concerts at Miklatún - Reykjavík (30th July) and Ásbyrgi (4th August), as well as small scale concerts at Ólafsvík (24th July), Ísafjörður (26th July), Djúpavík (27th July), Háls, Öxnadalur (28th July) and Seyðisfjörður (3th August) and a protest concert at Snæfellsskála (3th August). The documentary will also include footage of an acoustic concert played for family and friends at Gamla Borg, a coffee shop in the small town Borg, on 22th April 2007.

The documentary was premiered in Iceland at the Reykjavík International Film Festival opening day, 27th of September 2007. The DVD release is set on 20th November 2007.

The first DVD will contain the documentary, while the second DVD will feature full length versions of the songs.

DVD1
Glósóli
Sé lest
Ágætis byrjun
Heysátan
Olsen Olsen
Von
Gítardjamm
Vaka
Á ferð til Breiðafjarðar 1922 (with Steindór Andersen)
Starálfur
Hoppípolla
Popplagið
Samskeyti

DVD2
Glósóli
Sé lest
Heysátan
Ágætis byrjun
Gítardjamm
Dauðalagið
Vaka (Snæfell)
Vaka (Álafoss)
Starálfur
Heima
Rímur
Popplagið
Hoppípolla
Olsen Olsen
Samskeyti
Von
Seriously, if you have never seen them live do so. One of the best shows I have ever seen/heard.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
This comes out a couple weeks after the album and I'll be getting this as well for sure.

Seriously, if you have never seen them live do so. One of the best shows I have ever seen/heard.
Best concert/music documentary EVER. Even better then Stop Making Sense IMO even though it's quite abit different (I know, bold statement.) The visuals and the music go together perfectly on the documentary and the imagery/music together is truely beautiful. Also the concert footage is phenomenal. Buy this if you are a fan, you won't be disappointed, I guarantee it..

May 9, 2002
Best concert/music documentary EVER. Even better then Stop Making Sense IMO even though it's quite abit different (I know, bold statement.) The visuals and the music go together perfectly on the documentary and the imagery/music together is truely beautiful. Also the concert footage is phenomenal. Buy this if you are a fan, you won't be disappointed, I guarantee it..

Where did you see this? I know it has limited screenings and it wont go to DVD til next year...

EDIT: Nevermind, it says it doesnt open until Decemeber 4th....

How did you see it????

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't know where you got your info but it's already out bro. I bought it at Easy Street in Queen Anne for $25.

If they are going to show it in theaters as well I'll check it out though. It would be great to see on the big screen.

May 9, 2002
I don't know where you got your info but it's already out bro. I bought it at Easy Street in Queen Anne for $25.

If they are going to show it in theaters as well I'll check it out though. It would be great to see on the big screen.
"The documentary premiered in Iceland at the Reykjavík International Film Festival opening day, 27th of September 2007. Heima was released 5th November 2007 (4th December in North America) in two editions, one including atmospheric photos in a photobook documenting the tour."

Stupid Wikipedia...

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Guess I got lucky then. Plus mine was a couple dollars cheaper and no s/h of course seeing I bought it in store. Whatever, no complaints on my side lol.

It's dope too because it's like a book of tour photos with two DVDs, not just like a DVD case.

*edit*

I guess I got the limited editon one with the 100 page book, because there is also one that is just more or less regular DVD format.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
This may be the only thing on my xmas list this year haha
I'm guessing it's all in subititles?
Actually oddly enough it's in english. I haven't made it through all the bonus content but the documentary is all english from what I can remember. My friend who was in the Navy said Iceland is one of the countries where like 90% of the population also speaks decent to fluent english.

I was at Easy Stree today where I bought my copy and they said the release date was the 20th of Nov. That's what is says on Sigur Ros's blog too on myspace.

Plus the one I got is limited too so that's pretty cool.

Best $25 I've spent in awhile.