New Orleans Saints

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
I realize this is tiny in the big picture of things, but as a 25 year Saints fan, do you suppose they could rally around this tragedy and do some damage? I know it'll probably be in LSU's stadium or San Antonio, but the sentiment would be the same. They have nice players but never put it together. This would be a small, but none the less silver lining.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I am a Saints fan too and they have to put it together to represent the city. Once they take the field they're going to have to focus and play hard. I heard Joe Horn paid a visit to the Superdome.... what a great guy. The only thing we as Saints fan don't have to worry about is Brooks getting booed. I think he's a really good QB and he takes the blame of a team with a 32nd ranked defense.

The Saints are going to handle business!

Dec 25, 2003
I think if Deuce McAllister has a big year then the Saints should have a good year. And Joe Horn may be getting older, but he's still got gas left in the tank.

The Saints will rally around this.

Dec 25, 2003
I was on edge with a knot in my stomach, but they actually pulled it out instead of Brooks blowing it and they scored in the opening drive which for once set a positive tone for the rest of the game.

The Saints played well, caused turnovers, and Brooks was clutch in the last drive. I know Panthers fans and others will say it was fixed coz of Katrina, but the calls we got were legit - Smith and Proehl were out of bounds on those two TD's. If anything, the Panthers got some ticky tack PI and roughing the passer calls.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah^? I didn't see the game but I did see some highlights. The Saints beat a healthy Carolina team (some experts are picking them for the SB). Yeah when everything is on the line... Brooks usually plays pretty good. Yeah those were some good calls. I saw when Proehl stepped out. But man the Saints still have to do a better job of defending the deep pass.

Jun 3, 2005
weren't the Panthers one of the worst teams in the league last year? what additions did they make to all of a sudden have "experts" choosing them for the Bowl?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
No they weren't one of the worst teams in the league. They were fighting for the last playoff spot. Injuries hit them pretty hard last year... but before last year they played the Patriots in the SuperBowl. Experts are choosing them because they're finally healthy. I think Kris Jenkins is out for the year though.

Dec 25, 2003
I think the Saints finally got it through their skulls that they really have something to play for. I believe that while the players were visiting shelters and offering their slightly damaged homes to New Orleans families, they realized how important they are to that part of the region. What really hit me was when Joe Horn said after the game, "We have to keep winning. The more we win, the more attention will be paid to the victims and survivors of the storm."

Saints are gonna play in Tiger Stadium this season on their way to the Super Bowl, one of which is against Nick Saban's Miami Dolphins. That should be a good one.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I think the Colts may have a real shot. Peyton has to figure out the Patriots though. But the Colts are a team that you're going to have to watch out for. Their defense is gettting better and we all know their offense scores points.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
We're going to take it week by week mayne. The Giants are next. Philly is beatable if you can get to McNabb. You need someone to cover T.O. man to man and you're probably going to be all good! Oh yeah you have to run the ball against Philly. Anyone notice how small their corners are?