New NBA DressCode

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
SF
This is OBVIOUSLY a race issue. And sure the "race card" is often used flippantly, but it is VERY relevant in this situation.
David Stern is only making this rule because he's probably under pressure from rich white biggots who are gettin their panties in a knot because their suburban kids want to wear baggy clothes, do-rags, basketball sneakers and gold chains.
why does a basketball player need to wear a suit? you cant compare their job to a real profession. They're athletes/entertainers. I could understand having a dress code for players when they attend meetings as members of the Players Association, but to say that a BASKETBALL PLAYER is not allowed to wear BASKETBALL SHOES on the way to the arena is just ridiculous.
I expect to see a lot of basketball players ignoring this rule, and I commend them for it. Stephen Jackson is on point for what he's doing and those of you who are talking shit about him are probably just jealous because yaw dont make as much money as him.