New NBA DressCode

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2005
yea i think its bullshit who gives a fuck what the nba player's wear....i remember last season david stern was making a big deal about cuttino mobley wearing a beaney i though that was some bullshit too

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Well maybe due to the Pacers vs. Pistons brawl they tryin to clean up the sport. Don't football players have a dress code?

Apr 25, 2002
If players weren't sitting on the bench injured wearing other players jerseys, it wouldn't have come to this. The players lost respect for the game. They get paid millions of dollars, they can follow a few rules.

May 15, 2002
They get paid millions of dollars, thats probably why some won't care when the league fines them a couple of thousands of dollars. I bet the league outlawed do rags. Truthfully its not a bad idea, but some players are so spoiled that they're gonna whine like a mutha over this...like Camby who said they should get a clothes stipend.

In a memo issued Monday, the NBA set forth a "minimum" dress code starting with the 2005-2006 season. The following highlights are excerpted from the memo:
1. General Policy: Business Casual
Players are required to wear Business Casual attire whenever they are engaged in team or league business. "Business Casual" attire means:
• A long or short-sleeved dress shirt (collared or turtleneck), and/or a sweater.
• Dress slacks, khaki pants, or dress jeans.
• Appropriate shoes and socks, including dress shoes, dress boots, or other presentable shoes, but not including sneakers, sandals, flip-flops, or work boots.

2. Exceptions to Business Casual
There are the following exceptions to the general policy of Business Casual attire:
a. Players In Attendance At Games But Not In Uniform
Players who are in attendance at games but not in uniform are required to wear the following additional items when seated on the bench or in the stands during the game:
• Sport Coat.
• Dress shoes or boots, and socks.

3. Excluded Items
The following is a list of items that players are not allowed to wear while on team or league business:
• Sleeveless shirts.
• Shorts.
• T-shirts, jerseys, or sports apparel (unless appropriate for the event (e.g., a basketball clinic), team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, during media interviews, or during a team or league event or appearance (unless appropriate for the event or appearance, team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes.
• Sunglasses while indoors.
• Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane, or in the team locker room).

May 15, 2002
Someone please find a picture of this - I wonder if he banned gold fronts too?

INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana Pacers guard Stephen Jackson, contending that a league ban on chains worn over clothing is "a racist statement" from the league, wore every long, diamond-studded chain in his collection Tuesday night as a protest.

"I think it's a racist statement because a lot of the guys who are wearing chains are my age and are black," said Jackson, 27. "I wore all my jewelry today to let it be known that I'm upset with it.

May 2, 2002
^^^

Jackson is an idiot. And now Tim Duncan is too. Did you see what he said?

People who work at a fast food restaurant have a dress code...and these fuckers are gonna whine?

What a bunch of fuckin' crybabies.

Jul 18, 2002
I think y'all are right, the athletes shouldn't be complain about a dress code, and deal with it...however, it went from one extreme to another, from allowin them to wear whatever they wanted to, to regulatin the shit out of it. Sudden change like that, no one ever likes, no matter how much money you make. They'll get over it soon enough tho.

Nov 13, 2003
i think its bullshit, Sport Coats on the bench aint like that at a business meeting
this one is made me say damn what the fuck
3. Excluded Items
The following is a list of items that players are not allowed to wear while on team or league business: (does this include traveling with the team when fans dont see the players?)
• Sleeveless shirts.
• Shorts.
• T-shirts, jerseys, or sports apparel (unless appropriate for the event (e.g., a basketball clinic), team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Headgear of any kind while a player is sitting on the bench or in the stands at a game, during media interviews, or during a team or league event or appearance (unless appropriate for the event or appearance, team-identified, and approved by the team).
• Chains, pendants, or medallions worn over the player's clothes.
• Sunglasses while indoors.
• Headphones (other than on the team bus or plane, or in the team locker room).

how much are these fines?

May 2, 2002
^^^

If they paid me that kind of money, I'll wear whatever they want me to. I could only dream of that kind of cash.

I'll admit, it may be a little extreme, but these guys get paid MILLIONS of dollars a year...to play a fuckin' game. What is there to fuckin' complain about?

If they didn't have basketball, what would they have? Nut it up.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
is it me, or are these players ignorant as fuck when they say its racism...ppl throw out the race card too many damn times...racist would be to shackle them and pay them beans to play all year round...they make more money than the average household plus 2 generations of fam members will see in lifetime...quit bitching...you hear camby saying they should be given money to buy suits...lmao...idiot.

ps...is the majority of nba fans really white?how is it that more black ppl dont watch?shit its all blacks on the court...is it reverse racism for blacks not to watch?(jk)

Apr 13, 2005
i feel its a good thing...they SUPPOSE to be professinals....all that tatoos and do rag shit...save that shit for yer homies....this is suppose to be the HIGHEST level of basketball in the world....they needa start actin like that....

and how about ron artest gettin mad cause they "aired out " they buessines....lol

Oct 10, 2002
str8ball.free.fr
they ARE professionnals what they're asked for is play basket-ball. But now they also need to talk to reporters every time, answer gently, and dress up.
I don't know about yall but I ain't judgin people by the way they dress, and I think these rules were made by ignorant people, but I don't think it has anything to do with racism

May 2, 2002
How is the league being ignorant?

They are trying to change the image of a sport that his been getting a bad rap. The general public views basketball players (most professional athletes really) as being a bunch of thugs.

Say what you want, but alot of that has to do with the way they dress. I too could care less about what they wear. And with them playing basketball, dressing up in a suit seems like the last thing they should be wearing.

But, if it's a rule, then just do it. It shouldn't be that big of a deal to these guys.