New Matic Lee Album Tease

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

what do youthink of Matic's new shit

• Shit is FUCKIN HOT...WHEN DOES THE ALBUM DROP!!!!

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • ITS OK..NEED TO HEAR MORE

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • I LIKE HIS OLD SHIT BETTER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRASH AND STILL IS

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
Jan 20, 2007
IamGilgamesh.guru
JEEbus. Loved it from the first sound I heard. Def diggin' the first one. The second was holdin' me just cuz I don't like club shit, til the hook kicked in. LMAO You BETTER finish that one off DOPE son, cuz now I'm mad curious to hear how the second one ends.

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
Raw! Press this one up! If this is any indication of the rest of the new stuff, I'll cop it in a heartbeat. The sound is insane.

Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com
man i told yall I'm fuckin playin this time around** its all or nothing....i have no back up....................... its either i succeed at the one thing in life i love or i die trying!!!

Jun 9, 2007
the sound is interesting... I haven't heard all your shit yet, but the stuff I've heard is decent...

one thing I noticed, I know you're comin full force puttin your all into the beats and flow, but sometimes less is more.. especially that first track of this sample has all the bells & whistles with a complex beat and effects with your flow / hook... sometimes you don't need to make everything so complex, it can be a little distracting to the ears and take away from the overall direction and purpose of a track... I would try to clean it up just a little... lyrically, honestly, what I've heard is just average, but even if writing isn't your thing, you got the talent to craft an ill beat and you should know better than anyone else how to flow proper on your own beats... and your flow is straight, so if the flow and the beat are clickin, you don't need to be super-lyrical

Just my constructive criticism, since I haven't seen much of that from anybody on here.

Overall tho, you've been puttin out some cool shit, so I'll be sure to check out anything else you feel like postin up

Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com
the sound is interesting... I haven't heard all your shit yet, but the stuff I've heard is decent...

one thing I noticed, I know you're comin full force puttin your all into the beats and flow, but sometimes less is more.. especially that first track of this sample has all the bells & whistles with a complex beat and effects with your flow / hook... sometimes you don't need to make everything so complex, it can be a little distracting to the ears and take away from the overall direction and purpose of a track... I would try to clean it up just a little... lyrically, honestly, what I've heard is just average, but even if writing isn't your thing, you got the talent to craft an ill beat and you should know better than anyone else how to flow proper on your own beats... and your flow is straight, so if the flow and the beat are clickin, you don't need to be super-lyrical

Just my constructive criticism, since I haven't seen much of that from anybody on here.

Overall tho, you've been puttin out some cool shit, so I'll be sure to check out anything else you feel like postin up
Interesting...something that i will ponder....but all in all, i gotta give every bit of everything my all because, half steppin will get you nowhere i learned that on my last album

Jun 9, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I love complexity in music, but it has to have a clear direction... not everybody can make a complex track that's pleasing to the ears, in fact 99% of "musicians" can't do it in my opinion... to say Matic's on the verge of doing so is a compliment, and I love the effort... in my opinion, it's just a little over the top, or lacking in focus... maybe I'd have to hear the full track, I'm just goin off of what's up...

On a side note, if you wanna hear a complex song that's put together masterfully, check out Hurt's "Danse Russe" (preferably live)... it's rock, but it perfectly exemplifies what I'm talkin about as far as complexity in music....

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I love complexity in music, but it has to have a clear direction... not everybody can make a complex track that's pleasing to the ears, in fact 99% of "musicians" can't do it in my opinion... to say Matic's on the verge of doing so is a compliment, and I love the effort... in my opinion, it's just a little over the top, or lacking in focus... maybe I'd have to hear the full track, I'm just goin off of what's up...

On a side note, if you wanna hear a complex song that's put together masterfully, check out Hurt's "Danse Russe" (preferably live)... it's rock, but it perfectly exemplifies what I'm talkin about as far as complexity in music....
The thing is, I hate simplicity in music. I want the beat to be just as impressive as the lyrics. I think Matic made it happen without sounding like things were thrown together for the sake of having more in there. I'll look for the song in a second.

Jun 9, 2007
The thing is, I hate simplicity in music. I want the beat to be just as impressive as the lyrics. I think Matic made it happen without sounding like things were thrown together
Upon second and third listen, I think my main problem with the first track is the hook.... the verse was straight, flow was good, and the beat is nice... but there's just too much goin on with the hook, it's distracting and kind of just comes off as noise to me... I think it'd really benefit from the omission of one of the added elements, either in the beat or in the vocal, cuz that'd really take away that distraction and let the rest of the track shine for what it is...

Second track, I just really wasn't feelin... it wasn't too complex by any means, but subject-matter and content I couldn't get into... the beat was decent tho...

I'm really gonna have to check out more of those other albums, I think before I just listened to what was on myspace... it'll give me a better idea as to how you're evolving overall...

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
Ive shown a lot of people your last CD I've been puttin them on mixes and everyone one I've shown loved it man. I think ya could make it man, just need to advertise the shit hard.

I haven't listened to the tease yet but will drop my 2 cents once I give it a listen

Aug 31, 2005
Raw! Press this one up! If this is any indication of the rest of the new stuff, I'll cop it in a heartbeat. The sound is insane.
im pretty sure swaneejuggalo, and me are going to help matic get this pressed up....

matic... that shit you told me in Louisville, is that happening for sure?