New & Good War Strategy Game ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I’m looking for a newer war strategy game to play for the PC.

I dig first person shooters like Counter Strike & Medal of Honor, but my current PC is too “old” to be playing any of the cool new ones cuz I don’t get a new one every year.

Anyway I’m looking for strategy games.

The Panzer General, Allied General, Pacific General games were the shit despite there not being all kinds of fancy graphics the strategy aspect was off the hook.

Also quite enjoyed the Command and Conquer Red Alert series as well as that newer Command and Conquer Generals. Age of Empires was ok as far as having to build up your civilization and do battle, but they were doin too much. If you want to have a detailed civilization building game put the effort into that. If you want a detailed war game put the effort into that. Combining them just doesn’t do good for game play.

Historical based games > than fantasy/futuristic based

Online play not really interested in that

Anyone got any suggestions?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
if you like age of empires stlye i would pick up empire earth. dope game. i am the same way,dont like futuristic shit so i turn off the future age on empire earth. play up until present day. love when you first get the atomic bombs in the world war days,fucks shit up,haha

Apr 25, 2002
warcraft 3 sucks, that hero shit is weak and the heavy reliance on spells is bogus. OG warcraft & warcraft 2 are far superior.

Couldn't find Act of War: Direct action on any of the bittorrent sites i use, but it's a good sugestion and i'll keep an eye out for that

DL'd the Zero Hour expansion pack for Command & Conquer Generals. DOPE