NEW DEVIN THE DUDE NOW AVA..AT THE TREND

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Hit The Blunt said:
Devin the Dude new one was a disappointment.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious? I love that album already!!! How can you not like it?!?!?!?!?

May 10, 2002
You never answered my ??? mafioso22...but its gravy...

And Hit The BLunt...did you not like the first Devin album?Cus in all actuallality,they are pretty much on the exact same level,maybe not quite as good as the first...but damn close.In fact,i think the lyrical content in this one slightly edges his first one,and beat wise its just a point lower than The Dude....but im quite confused by someone sayin that they were disappointed with this album???Opinions are opinions i guess...

Jun 4, 2002
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you serious? I love that album already!!! How can you not like it?!?!?!?!?
i couldn't agree more Tim. maybe there wasn't enough killin & drug dealin on there for him, but fuck that shit i been bumpin that shit NONSTOP for about 3 weeks now. Devin is the perfect cat to listen to when you want to feel GOOD about your life. that ole gangsta shit is cool too, but it serves an entirely different purpose than Devins' music.

riiiiiight now i feel so good & iiiii..
won't let nothin or nobody bring me dowwwnnn..
caann't wait until the pilot finally levitaaatteee..
tryna find a way to feel just like this everydayyyyyy..
crazy again crazy aaaagain...

if hearin that nigga sing these lines don't warm your soul then you aint got one.

Shinichi that cut with devin snoop & g rap is from kool g rap's last album.

May 13, 2002
www.thechill.com
No, I loved the first one. That was a classic. That's probably why I am disappointed with this one. It's hard to match that first one. This one was a 'good' album, that's about as far as I will go. It definitly is not a classic album or a great album IMO.

BTW the two posts before me made references to my two favorite tracks on the CD.

Oh and Coke, don't belittle me.

Apr 25, 2002
Hit The Blunt said:
No, I loved the first one. That was a classic. That's probably why I am disappointed with this one. It's hard to match that first one. This one was a 'good' album, that's about as far as I will go. It definitly is not a classic album or a great album IMO.

I thought Devin was cooh on that Dr. Dre album and that track wit Nas and Xzibit is cooh but his new album overall isn't tight to me at all. Seems like he raps about weed on every song and that country concept is boring. He's not for everybody and hearing him sing won't warm everybody's soul, haha, shouldn't even be considered singing.

Jun 4, 2002
ay blunt i was speaking in general, not directly at you. obviously everybody aint gonna dig the shit as much as everyone else. i was just giving my opinion on the quality of his music, and everyone that i know that hears this new shit is diggin it. it was a bad choice of words on my part. at first i thought it was kinda weak too, but the more i listen the more i like it, even though a few of the songs are kinda weak & some beats are not up to par. it gets about a 8.5 from me.

to the other cat i know his singing aint marvin gaye quality and everybody might not dig it, but i doubt you can name me one rapper you listen to who does not mention weed/pussy/money in some form or another in every song. these are the things we fuck with every day, so that is what we express in songs & flicks. devin is not talking about nothing that aint been talked about a million times before, and that we don't talk about with our potnas all the time, but he does it in a way that is genuine & soulful where most niggas aint talkin about shit but them getting more money drugs & bitches. devin is actually talking about the reasons why we do what we do, & why we don't question these reasons or ever try to change the behavior that we know is harmful. he is an easy nigga to listen to because his albums is some shit that is like straight conversation with a homie about real life shit. your average gangsta nigga aint tryin to talk about that shit because he is too busy killin other niggas, or sellin em dope.

i don't know about you, but i'm gettin tired of listening to "thugs" tellin me bout more killin or the name brands of the shit they wish they was buyin. and even if they can & are buying the shit, what enjoyment am i getting from you telling me what kind of car you drive? that shit does not matter to me at all, the muthafucka might as well be ridin a bus, shit is inconsequential. if they can spit the shit in a original way that shows creativity & passion, i'll listen to it for a minute, but hearing that thug/pimp/killa shit over & over is like chewing chewed bubble gum.

May 10, 2002
Young D-A-T said:

I thought Devin was cooh on that Dr. Dre album and that track wit Nas and Xzibit is cooh but his new album overall isn't tight to me at all. Seems like he raps about weed on every song and that country concept is boring. He's not for everybody and hearing him sing won't warm everybody's soul, haha, shouldn't even be considered singing.
for those that didnt like the ne Devin or thought it was "aight" tell me a cd out now that you would rather buy other than it. Just curious.

And one thing about Devin is, he always comes ORIGINAL. He might talk about weed, wine, & women most of the time, but shit, thats what he's all about.

Jul 10, 2002
hey i wanna roll through Devin the dudes hood and cruise around, can anyone tell me how to get there...maybe we can sit in front of the club, drink an smoke some weed and check out the bitches and see what we can see, does anyone have directions?