New cellphone wireless carrier...$19 unlimited voice / text / data

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
"Even assuming 0% wifi usage, for example, you could consume 550 minutes, send 150 texts, and download 300 megabytes of data without crossing the community’s fair use threshold."
looked through their site and didnt find this information.

Mac drizzla aka infant gang elite isn't the brightest guy...
I'm dumb because their website is repetitive and doesnt answer all the questions? whoakay.

Aug 13, 2009
so its $19/month but then you pay for minutes...thats dumb
http://republicwireless.com/cost

Do I need to buy minutes from Sprint or anyone else?
No. We’re the first-ever wireless provider to bundle Wi-Fi calling with access to cellular whenever you need it. Your republic wireless membership includes unlimited calling, texting and data over Wi-Fi and Sprint’s cellular network.

How much does domestic roaming cost? International?
Domestic roaming is free. Although we don’t offer cellular service internationally at this time, your republic wireless phone can place calls over Wi-Fi from anywhere in the world to the U.S.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
this shit is dope and i tried to sign up but it said they arent accepting new members until mid december or january.

gay

it sounds like it uses the web when you're around wifi, i hope that doesnt effect your usage levels. thatd be gay if they held that against you.

i hope they only monitor when it switches to 'cellular'. using your own wifi should have 0 effect on your 'Cellular Usage Index'

Aug 13, 2009
I dont see why it would.

You using the data cap set by your ISP.
So you should be able to use as much as they allow.

But this kind of idea is still being developed and
everything really doesnt seem set in stone.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i dont like that phone they have tho, the optimus V or whatever the fuck it is.

my friend had one for virgin mobile and he says the battery life on it is like 4 hours. imagine being connected to wifi. that shit would probably go from full to dead in a 20 minute conversation, lol

Aug 13, 2009
Android and Iphones/Ipod already got apps where
you can use VoIP for as low as 5-10 a month.

Its more software than anything. Any kind of touchpad could
use VoIP as along as you have a microphone of some kind.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Republic Wireless ditches limits on its $19 unlimited plan

By: Todd Haselton | Dec 26th, 2011 at 05:00PM
11 Comments
Filed Under: Mobile, Services

Republic Wireless, a Sprint MVNO that launched in November, announced late last week that it is ditching its “fair use threshold” and is now offering a truly unlimited talk, text and data plan for $19 a month. When the carrier first made its debut, it advertised “unlimited data” but said it reserved the right to kick customers off of its network if they abused the unlimited data offering and exceeded the usage outlined in its fair use policy. “Some of your feedback about our CUI concept and fair use thresholds ranged from confusion to extreme criticism, with a wide variety of thoughts and suggestions in between,” Republic Wireless’s general manager Brian Dally said in a company blog post. “Some judged our marketing to be ‘deceptive.’ Others felt our concepts were just too complicated, and unnecessary to expose to end users.” He continued, “Rather than revising our fair use policy, we’ve decided not to have one at all. There will simply be no thresholds, and no risk of losing service.” There is still one caveat, however: Republic Wireless is currently offering its “unlimited data” plan with a beta label and it will re-evaluate whether or not to continue offering unlimited data at the end of the beta. Republic Wireless routes its customers’s data over Wi-Fi networks and only uses Sprint’s 3G network when Wi-Fi isn’t available.
[Via FierceWireless]
Read

Nov 18, 2010
Skype and facetime are both free on iPod touches lol

Really though we have the highest phone bills in Canada so we had a bunch of third party companies come in. And they're all shit, crap coverage, most of them have an unlimited zone that is limited to major metropolitan areas if you leave those areas they rape you.

and that no threshold shit is gonna get thrown out as soon as people start opting to tether their 3g everywhere they go.