New CD's with Broken Cases/Trays

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I've probably bought 10 CD's in the last few weeks and probably 4 or 5 came with broken trays... That middle part where you put the CD in at... I just got Ray Luv and Mac Mall's new shit today and both of em were broken... I hate that shit... It seems like it's happening more and more lately.

Jun 1, 2002
I bought that C-Bo West Coast Mafia and the tray was broke. The center part only had 3 of the things that hold the CD but most of the time they are in the CD case. This time they weren't. I think the companys are starting to slip. Back in the day I bought that first Mase CD and opened it up and there wasn't even a damn CD in the case. I went to take it back to musicland and the guy said no way am I giving you another CD. I told him if he didn't give me another CD I would take it. He went and called the main office and then gave me a new CD AFTER he opened it. Apperently there was a problem with the Mase CD's that happened to like 13 more people in that store alone. Ahh well I shouldn't have bought that Mase CD anyway. 24 hours to live was a hot joint though.

D-Mak

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Yeah man, that shit happned when the first Devin came out, I remember i was happy as fuck to get it, and when I opened it, no CD....That shit sucks

Mak-X

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
Uaintknowin said:
fuck doggday, i got that 5150 double album and it was 2 of the same cd....
That happened to me when I bought Blood And Tears, both discs were the same and they were songs mixed together from the 1st and 2nd discs.

At times I'll pick up a new cd and the case is cracked or the tray is broken. That typa shit fuckin pisses me off.

My step dad bought a brand new dvd the other day, and when he opened it, the dvd bottom was all scratched. People are fuckin careless when they handle shit that's gonna get sold new.

Apr 25, 2002
Uaintknowin said:
fuck heavy metal
"this was made for the ghetto, fuck heavy metal, you grabbin on my nuts & won't let go"

damn i just got a 2pac thug angel dvd off of ebay for $3.00 brand new still sealed. when i got it, the cd snap thing in the middle was broken. 2 of the 3 were broken off andmy dvd was all scratched up, couldnt even watch the shit. had to return it though got a refund and all.

but when my cd cases get broken in the middle, i just switch the case cuz its easy for the cds to get scratched if you leave it in there.

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
yeah that shit happened with the new devin also. i got it the day it was released and best buy only had 2 copies, both with cracked cases. i asked dude at the front if they had anymore and he said they didnt, and the one he sold earlier that day was cracked even worse! i hate that shit, they dont even give u a discount or nothin (and they should since technically its "broken merchandise")

45Yr Old Virgin

Franchise War Veteran
Apr 25, 2002
Cuckanada
yourethemannowdog.ytmnd.com
holy fuck, i hate that shit....cause i hate the CD spinning in the tray cause it might scratch it....some shit i ordered online gets fucked like that...and i hate going to buy new blank tray cases cause i don't wanna pay like how much for that new cases even if it is a few dollars...plus most don't match the original case cause it was probably a clear case and now the artwork won't show through........GAY

Sep 10, 2002
It only happens with the clear inside cases. It doesnt happen with the black cases, at least not nearly as much.

All you gotta do is take an old case from some cd that you dont care about and switch them. You can take out the back cover and lay it on the back of another case. It just snaps off nice and easy.

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
REAL QUICC LESSON: WHATEVER YOU GET OUT OF THE CD, WETHER BROKEN, OR THE CD DONT PLAY, OR IT SKIPS, OR THE COVER OR INSIDES ARE WRONG, OR IF ITS A DOUBLE, AND BOTH THE CDS ARE THE SAME... IT IS THE FAULT OF THE PEOPLE WHO PRESSED THE ALBUM... AND NOT THE LABEL.... THE CD DUPLICATORS, NORMALLY HAVE A PROCESS OF HOW A CD GETS PRESSED AND A CONSTRUCTION LINE THATS PUTS THE CDS TOGETHER.... NOW THE CD CASES GO THROUGH ALOT OF SHIT BEFORE THEY EVER HIT THE STORE SHELVES... THEY ARE MANUFACTURED, THEN SHIPPED, THEN HANDLED AGAIN BY RECEIVING, THEN HANDLED BY THE DUPLICATOR, THEN PACKAGED WITH THE NEW CD, AND THEN SHIPPED SOMETIMES 2-3 MORE TIMES BEFORE SOMEONE AT RASPUTANS OR WHATEVER EVER GETS THEM ON THE SHELF.... THEY ARE MADE OF PLASTICE... AND ANY OF YOU WHO WORK FOR UPS, OR FED-X, OR THE POST OFFICE KNOW HOW PEOPLE HANDLE PACKAGES... MOST DONT GIVE A FUCC AND THROW SHIT AROUND.... SO IM SUPRISED MORE CASES ARE NOT CRACKED OR BROKEN.... ALSO THE DUPLICATOR WILL NOT THROW AWAY A CD CASE, UNLESS ITS TOTALLY RUINED.... OTHERWISE IT WILL GET USED WITH SOMEONES CD......

NOW SOME DUPLICATORS JUST SUCC, AND IF A LABEL CHOOSES THEM CUZZ THEY CHEAP... WELL THEIR COULD BE A REASON WHY ITS CHEAP.... MAIN POINT: IF YOU A LABEL, CHECK THE PREVIOUS PRODUCT THAT A DUPLICATOR HAS PRESSED BEFORE YOU GO THROUGH THEM....

AS FOR THE CD'S BEING WRONG OR NOT WORKING..... THE CD PRESSING MACHINE NORMALLY THROWS OUT THE BAD DISKS.... HOWEVER ITS A MACHINE, AND NOT PERFECT.... SO ITS POSSIBLE TO GET A CD THAT DONT WORK OR MISSING OR THE WRONG ONE....

JUST THOUGHT ID LET YOU KNOW WHY THIS HAPPENS OR HOW.....