new cd's for $5.99 and $6.99 is it a new trend or not?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 30, 2002
Now if target and best buy and circuit city start puttin out new cd's for $5.99 and $6.99 remeber Lil Flip was one of the first to do this, I think it really help boost his sells and he propably made a lot of sells, but I went to a lot of stores and his cd which comes with two disk was cheap I haven't seen a price higher than $13.00 and that was the regular price at one store and I think at cdnow, but that is still really cheap. I wonder if this is a new trend that is about to start. For lil Flip this is good he has arrived I think because it is wonderful to see your product in the target paper ,imagine that!

Apr 25, 2002
they have done it in the past....

i remember pickin up dilated peoples and mystic cds for like 6.99 or 7.99 before at best buy....

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
itz a trend among chain retailers such as best buy and target who are willing to take a loss on a cd in order to draw people into the store and have them buying on impulse. Lil Flip nor any other artist had nuttin to do with it, the marketing people at the respective majors and chain retailers are behind it.

Apr 25, 2002
the price point that yall is talking bout is typically 799-999 for a new cd. its called "new artist" pricing. the retailer makes the same amount but the label takes less then it would normally get, so the artist gets less too.

fyi