new Blackalicious CD "Blazing Arrow" is tight as fuck

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
this shit is tight. its on some real lyrical positive shit, but its actually a good ass CD. good beats, good musical arrangements (yes as in they have real musicians not only keyboard sounds), and the lyrics are on another level.

I got for only $9 at Target! I think they made it hella cheap on purpose, like that Mystik CD.

for tracklisting/cover, check out:

http://cheap-cds.com/surf/disps/378248

Apr 25, 2002
naw i havent heard any of their other shit, i dont really bump that "real hip hop" stuff too much. but i'm open to diff. shit right now, i'll check out NIA.

do you listen to mystik journeymen or any of that type of shit? are there any new heaters like that

Apr 25, 2002
Mezzano said:
naw i havent heard any of their other shit, i dont really bump that "real hip hop" stuff too much. but i'm open to diff. shit right now, i'll check out NIA.

do you listen to mystik journeymen or any of that type of shit? are there any new heaters like that
I'm not into the real the hardcore hip hop either the only people I bump are Blackalicious, Kweli, Common, and Most Def. If you don't have there albums it's really worth checking.

I don't listen to Mystik Journeymen, so I can't help you there..

Apr 25, 2002
i've heard those albums but when i heard them i was more stuck into the strictly simple gangsta shit so i wasnt feelin it. maybe i'll pick up some of those if i catch em for CHEAP

Apr 25, 2002
Mezzano said:
i've heard those albums but when i heard them i was more stuck into the strictly simple gangsta shit so i wasnt feelin it. maybe i'll pick up some of those if i catch em for CHEAP
Common-One Day It'll All Make Sense
If you buy that album it'll be one of your favorites of all time. The shit is like a book, Com's lyrics are crazy and the production is very good.

Common-Like Water for Choclate
Very soulful album, but its not better than "One Day It'll All Make Sense"

Mos Def-Black on Both Sides

Talib Kweli- Reflection Eternal

Pick all those up if you find them cheap.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Tenkamenin said:

Common-Like Water for Choclate
Very soulful album, but its not better than Like Water for Chocolate.

interesting how an album can be worse than itself

Apr 25, 2002
SF
Mystik Journeymen are fuckin raawww... all those LL mufackas

that new blackalicious is coo too, I was just listening to it the other day

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
that Non-Phixion is off the hook...check Copywrite's album too, it's tight...and Cage's promo is sounding pretty nice

Jul 3, 2002
mystik journeymen are hella sicc...but you gotta check out ZION I...he is off the hook...d/l some of his mp3's (silly puddy ft grouch and revolution(b-boy anthem)) just to name a few....its tight...

Apr 25, 2002
whos Copywright? wheres he from?

I heard about Non-Phixion but I aint really heard any of their music, they're 3 or 4 white dudes from the projects in NYC. They're also real political I think.

Is Zion I political? What are his albums?

Jul 3, 2002
my bad...ZION I is a group of three....and from what i know they are not political...they were originally from atlanta but recently...they are coming out of berekley....they had an ep and their full album is mind over matter....but yeah...listen to a few of their songs and then...you will believe me...they are tight....

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Zion I are real tight, I just had MC Zion at my internship the other day, he's real cool..

Copywrite is an east coast rapper, he has a solo album out called "The Highly Exaulted"..he's in a group called the MHz and does a lot of stuff with Eastern Conference and Definitive Jux