Netflix picks Blu-ray, good luck renting an HD DVD soon

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
HD DVD and Blu ray are true high definition players. Regular dvd can change the converstion to fit your high definition tv but doesnt make the regular dvd movie any better.

Nov 14, 2002
o.k im back from googling...

thanks paypay,i just read all about it.

i asked because i hooked up some component wires to my dvd player and was like "daaaamn this shit looks good!!!"

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
yeah recordable DVDs like totally flopped

lollllllllllllllllllllllllll
Step away from the pipe......or if you were agreeing with me (and I can't tell), feel free to pick up a book on Composition, and then use it.

DVD-Rs are still available.....for the same price as DVD+Rs. All day, every day. Only difference comes with DVD+R DL, there aren't much DVD-R DLs.....then again, most people don't care about that shit anywayz.

May 30, 2006
Game over for HD... I'm still not gonna buy into the whole Blu-Ray bit though. DVD's are dirt cheap now, all you really need is a good DVD player that will upconvert and you're pretty much set.

Unless you're one of those people who are really anal about having the BEST quality EVER!!
This sounds about right. Blu-Ray will be a good buy when u can get one for under a hinid bucks like a DVD player. Other then that I'm still fucking with a regular DVD player. It aint like UGA vol. 3 or Hood 2 Hood Vol.2 are gonna be on Blu-Ray when they come out. If u got a good ass television & a good DVD player ur str8.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
i have a small feeling that HD DVD is somehow gonna make a big comeback.
Toshiba gearing up to drop HD DVD?
Posted Feb 14th 2008 8:34PM by Darren Murph
Filed under: HDTV, Home Entertainment

We're not exactly sure what's going on in Toshiba land, but shortly after not-exactly-believable whispers made the rounds of the firm suddenly deciding to try its hand at making a Blu-ray player, we're now seeing reports stating that it will pull the plug on its beloved format "in the coming weeks." Citing unnamed industry "sources," The Hollywood Reporter is suggesting that the end may be nigh for the HD DVD format. Jodi Sally, VP of marketing for Toshiba America Consumer Products, was quoted as saying that "given the market developments in the past month, Toshiba will continue to study the market impact and the value proposition for consumers, particularly in light of its recent price reductions on all HD DVD players." Of course, we aren't exactly equating said statement to waving the white flag or anything, but whatever the case, it seems the death watch is in full effect.

[Via Home Media Magazine, thanks to everyone who sent this in]

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
What? This doesnt make any sense nor does it pertain to anything being said in this thread.

:confused:
So I take it.....you aren't good with computer?

DVD-R and DVD+R are different technologies. They are not interchangeable.
Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are different technologies. They are not interchangeable.
Women and Men are different te--.......I hope you get the point by now.

Quotes like

"bullshit..obviously you haven't seen both...blu ray image quality blows hd dvd out tha water.."

Make me wonder about some of you people. Raw data is raw data. If you don't think HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are the same quality, you're on something...or you're fooling yourself. The only consideration would be compression.

Rip a 30gb Blu-Ray and put it on a HD-DVD.....voila. Same exact shit, same exact quality, different disk.

Apr 27, 2005
So I take it.....you aren't good with computer?

DVD-R and DVD+R are different technologies. They are not interchangeable.
Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are different technologies. They are not interchangeable.
Women and Men are different te--.......I hope you get the point by now.

wow man, don't you realize Blu-Ray and HD-DVD are being marketed primarily as movie formats? When DVDs first came out there weren't movies exclusive to either the DVD-R or DVD+R format, those formats competed for the data storage market. YOU CAN'T COMPARE DVD-R/DVD+R TO BLU-RAY AND HD DVD