Need input for idea for cover and quotes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
So I got a mixtape coming out soon called "Open Bar." I am going to get it pressed and all that good stuff so I was wondering what you guys think of this idea for the cover.

I know a dude who takes nice photos for the college newspaper here that has a studio. I am going to hire him. I was thinking of just having him take pictures of me with my turntables on a regular table in front of me and have me holding a bottle of grey goose or something so it looks like im pouring it on one of the turntables. Then the graphic designer will make it look like my turntables are on a bar and I'm behind the bar, dj'ing. And then also have them make it look somewhat drawn like most of you already do, if that makes sense.

Let me know what u guys think of that idea or if you got any better ideas. Of course I am going to need a graphic designer for this and I respect your talents and you will be compensated.

If you're interested and think you can make this turn out real nice then please send me a quote along with a link to your portfolio to [email protected]. So you can give me an accurate quote, what I'm going to need is a 2 panel insert design plus back cover plus something simple on the disc itself. Thanks guys! I love the work you do and want to support somebody from the Siccness for my artwork.

Jan 5, 2006
ionno.. maybe something like you said with the turn tables.. but make it where youre mixing a drink on one turntable and scratching on the other? so either way youre mixing..

Jul 12, 2002
ionno.. maybe something like you said with the turn tables.. but make it where youre mixing a drink on one turntable and scratching on the other? so either way youre mixing..
Fo sho. Thanks for the feedback I was also thinking along those same lines. You think that would look dope though overall for the concept?

Chris you got mail!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
turn every bottle into something that has to do with a record. or have the wall of the bar behind you with all the bottles and have stacks of records seperating the bottles. serve a shot in your headphones. have a martini with a record instead of olive. have a neon sign in the back that says "Mixed drinks, everything blended to perfection"

I need to be a graphic designer, I'd be killin em :cheeky:

Apr 9, 2005
www.myspace.com
turn every bottle into something that has to do with a record. or have the wall of the bar behind you with all the bottles and have stacks of records seperating the bottles. serve a shot in your headphones. have a martini with a record instead of olive. have a neon sign in the back that says "Mixed drinks, everything blended to perfection"

I need to be a graphic designer, I'd be killin em :cheeky:
haha