NEED HELP WID REASON!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
sup ya'll i jus got reason not to long ago and i dont know how to do anything i searched the thread really nothing helped me out i just want to know how u make drums/instruments patterns and how 2 hook everything up so i can be able 2 hear sounds..and just wanna kno da basics of reason wuh im suppose 2 do n how i shud set everything up so if ne 1 can respect will b def deserved.1

Apr 26, 2002
disnefariousnig said:
yah i hav a M-Audio Keystation 49e USB MIDI Controller Keyboard
Im not too knowledgable, but i've got an axiom 49 and i jus remember it bein jus sorta plug and play thru tha usb. If u go into reason, then go into "preferences" u should be able to fucc around in there and half reason "detect" ur axiom, c if that works. Fold

Jun 12, 2007
www.mybeatshop.com
A little info

1.First thing I do after I install reason is go to options surface locking and make sure reason detected my MIDI controller during setup Just have it plugged in and reason should detect it. 2.Go to options surface locking and go to open surface preferences then go to page and click audio and make sure you specify which sound card your going to be using with reason this is so you can hear what your playing back etc also make sure to learn your right buffer sizes and set to the lowest to avoid latency. 3.Go to options surface locking and go to open surface preferences then go to page and click general and go down to default song and click custom and go into the reason folder and choose template documents and choose the Mixer Mastering file as your default song this will just load the basics when you start reason. 4.Any device you add in reason will wire itself to the mixer so you can hear sound etc but I have been into advance sound editing and tweaking so I learned how to wire things up for complicated sounds and effects not for the new user just learn the devices and how to use reason well and everything else will take place. 5.Master the sequencer and learn how to use it such as making good arrangements to make your song whole. 6.Panning and mixing are one of the most vital parts to a mix to make it fit together and sound whole such as panning your hi hats in redrum and and managing levels within it so you can use the volume fader for finale mixing levels. 7.If your serious about making a hot track bounce each instrument to disk itself and finale mix in pro tools or whatever DAW you use but still get a good mix in reason don't skimp. Hope this helps if you have any other questions PM me Peace!!! :cool: