NCAA Confernces expanded and disappearing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 16, 2005
The whole reason to get the Pac and B12 together...is for a new network, like the Big 10 and SEC have. This all but alleviates the black out of Buff games locally.

This means you can watch your Buffs get beat by my Dawgs at LEAST one a year!

:classic:
for now! :cheeky: like i said maybe this money will help build the program to the powerhouse it used to be. Colorado/Denver loves it when the Buffs are winning and support/money/etc are cu's for the taking but there have been soooo many bad decisions these past few years coupled with the very bad facilities its a no win situation until something chages (maybe this is that something)

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
Kansas, K State, and Mizzou should join the ACC quik before the SEC eats it up....thats the only way tha ACC doesnt completely dissolve.....

and can you imagine a basketball conference with Carolina, Kansas, & Duke.....

Mar 16, 2005
Kansas, K State, and Mizzou should join the ACC quik before the SEC eats it up....thats the only way tha ACC doesnt completely dissolve.....

and can you imagine a basketball conference with Carolina, Kansas, & Duke.....
why would kansas want to be in the same conference and play duke and carolina 3 - 5 times a year when they can join mwc and eat it alive with ease?

Apr 25, 2002
Enjoy your cable bills going up and having EVERY non-college sports fan bitching about it and trying to prevent your local cable provider from picking up the network.

Big 10 network is only cool if you live some place where you might otherwise not be able to see your favorite team play, yet still live in the region. Otherwise it is for shit.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
If Kansas plays NC and Duke every year even if they lose they'll have a ridiculous RPI....if they're in the MWC their RPI is 50 Pts less minimum....could cost them a 1 seed in the tourney....so I would take my chances

Apr 25, 2002
no they will just take nu and nd leaving mizzou out in the cold

I think ND is going to stall and miss out on the "opportunity" and NU and Mizzou will end up joining. They'll probably move once the Big 10 picks up another two teams after Mizzou and NU. But ND moving won't be AS important as it could be if they move now.

Anyone else think they should stop calling these conferences Pac-10, Big-10, etc when they don't even have 10 teams anymore?

May 9, 2002
I think ND is going to stall and miss out on the "opportunity" and NU and Mizzou will end up joining. They'll probably move once the Big 10 picks up another two teams after Mizzou and NU. But ND moving won't be AS important as it could be if they move now.

Anyone else think they should stop calling these conferences Pac-10, Big-10, etc when they don't even have 10 teams anymore?
Oh, ND is fucked. It was great when they were good....40 years ago. But they have worn out thir welcome and really, they are being stubborn for a school with little susccess over the last 2 decades.

May 9, 2002
Enjoy your cable bills going up and having EVERY non-college sports fan bitching about it and trying to prevent your local cable provider from picking up the network.

Big 10 network is only cool if you live some place where you might otherwise not be able to see your favorite team play, yet still live in the region. Otherwise it is for shit.
Maybe the Big 10 network is like that, but the SEC network is the exact OPPOSITE of that. THe Pac is trying to follow the model of the SEC in that all Pac games will be available for all Pac markets and beyond.

Jul 24, 2005
all I can say is that I hope the acc makes a move to grab up some big east schools before the sec raids them, cause it's talks of maryland joining the big ten and that has people around here going nuts on the sports talk radio me myself can't see the day maryland not playing duke and the tarheels every year

May 9, 2002
so when the pac 10 gets all these teams. do u guys think it puts them ahead of the SEC in football for the best conference?
It already is in terms of pure football. THe SEC has manipulated the system since its inception, so i cant really blame them. However, this new "mega-conference" theory is closer to a playoff system then EVER before, and evens the playing field a bit with the SEC.

Mar 24, 2006
thats barely a drop in the bucket in comparrison to what ncaa football brings to schools.

and when I said i thought baylor had to go with the Texas schools I wasnt kidding, i think there is a bylaw in texas legoslation that they all go to the same conference thats why I asked it.
football brings in so much due to size of stadiums, bowl games and tv deals. football has always been the more expensive sport to maintain aswell. you can easily say NCAA basketball is more popular then the NBA, you can't say that about the NFL though. Football is king, this we all know but to sit here and act like college basketball isn't worth the time is just bullshit in my eyes.

march madness is just that...madness in march and early april. 3-4 week period. so i would say that $11 billion is a big ass drop in the bucket when you consider its a short period of time and only on 1 channel.

i just don't like how they keep throwing basketball under the bus like its the red headed stepchild in all of this mess.

May 9, 2002
football brings in so much due to size of stadiums, bowl games and tv deals. football has always been the more expensive sport to maintain aswell. you can easily say NCAA basketball is more popular then the NBA, you can't say that about the NFL though. Football is king, this we all know but to sit here and act like college basketball isn't worth the time is just bullshit in my eyes.

march madness is just that...madness in march and early april. 3-4 week period. so i would say that $11 billion is a big ass drop in the bucket when you consider its a short period of time and only on 1 channel.

i just don't like how they keep throwing basketball under the bus like its the red headed stepchild in all of this mess.
While this is a nice little story, b-ball doesn't even SNIFF what football revenues bring in to a school AND conference. Its not even close.

Mar 16, 2005

but see you are comparing 3 weekends of basketball to 4 months of football! everyweek of football is as important as march madness's 3 weeks.

Mar 24, 2006
While this is a nice little story, b-ball doesn't even SNIFF what football revenues bring in to a school AND conference. Its not even close.
football is king in this country...i said this in previous post already. what you aren't understanding is the fact that college basketball is a big revenue getter aswell...just not on the level of football. and it pisses me off when people act like it doesn't get the money when in fact it really does...just not comparable to football given the circumstances.

still doesn't mean that basketball is something you could just turn your back on like its not relevant enough for you though.

march madness might only be for a short period of time like i've said already but that short amount of time it is running is the most popular event in the country besides the superbowl. thats saying something right there even if its not that big of a money maker during the regular season.