NCAA Bush Case: Key witness to disclose information to NCAA.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2005
OS ANGELES - A sports marketer who allegedly made improper payments to Reggie Bush while the Heisman Trophy winner was still at Southern California has agreed to meet with NCAA investigators and provide documentation of financial transactions between the two, according to a report.

The Los Angeles Times also reported Tuesday on its Web site that Lloyd Lake is expected to file a civil lawsuit in San Diego against Bush later this month, seeking to recoup money allegedly given to Bush and his family.

“I can’t really comment on the matter. I can’t confirm or deny,” Lake’s attorney, Brian Watkins, told The Associated Press.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

Lake and partner Michael Michaels claimed over a year ago that they provided money to Bush’s family as well as a home for which the family had failed to pay more than $50,000 in rent. The conflict was made public after Bush signed with another sports agent.

Lake and Michaels founded New Era Sports & Entertainment, a marketing agency that they claim was created with co-operation from Bush and his stepfather, LaMar Griffin.

Bush, the Heisman Trophy winner as a junior in 2005, is in his second year with the New Orleans Saints, having signed a contract reportedly worth up to $60 million. He has said repeatedly that neither he nor his family did anything wrong in dealings with Michaels and Lake.

Michaels reached a settlement with Bush and his family last April. Yahoo Sports said the settlement was for between $200,000 and $300,000.

Should NCAA investigators find that Bush received improper benefits, USC could be forced to forfeit games. The school could face other sanctions if it’s proven that coaches knew or should have known about the alleged benefits.

The Times also quoted an unidentified source familiar with the situation that NCAA officials tried to include USC in the meeting with Lake, but the school declined to participate.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21213903/

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
people need to leave athletes alone. unless you can show me one athlete, politician, actor, etc.... that has come out and said "hey i committed a crime i really feel bad and need to get it off my chest" before they were caught in the act then i rest my case. HUMAN NATURE. bush didnt do anything others wouldnt do in his position. im not even a bush fan but get off his jock. sports is the new soap opera of the 21st century.