National Signing Day 2008.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 27, 2006
Oregon is 19th per ESPN.....24th per Scout and 20th per Rivals....Oregon had some players that were announcing today that they had left on the board....Aaron Boyd WR from KY...i guess he told the Oregon coaches that hes comitted to Oregon but his mom wouldnt sign his LOI cause Oregon is too far so he signed with Kentucky. Another is Tommy Streeter WR from FL.....Also was a Oregon comitt but his mom and dad wouldnt sign his LOI cause Oregon is too far....so he comitted to Miami(FL)....Oregon also lost a comitt today...Jamaar Jarrett DE from CA.....comitted to ASU....But Oregon did gain someone....Hamani Stevens C from CA......So it was a O.K. day....i do like the class Oregon is bringing in.....especially Darron Thomas QB from TX suppose to be a dennis dixon clone but with a better arm....and Chris Harper QB from KS....A guy who can play QB...RB...LB...WR all-around ATH......

Mar 27, 2006
haha....Kevin Hart....here's an update on him....

The Kevin Hart recruiting saga came to an abrupt end this afternoon when the Fernley offensive lineman admitted the entire process was a fraud.

“I wanted to play D-I ball more than anything. When I realized that wasn’t going to happen, I made up what I wanted to be reality,” read a statement sent out by Teri White, assistant superintendent of the Lyon County School District, on behalf of Hart. “I am sorry for disappointing and embarrassing my family, coaches, Fernley High School, the involved universities and reporters covering the story.”

Nov 27, 2006
Signing Day Awards

Biggest surprise: Minnesota.

It requires a double-take when you're scanning Rivals.com's top 20 classes. Somehow sitting there at No. 17 amidst the likes of Texas, Virginia Tech, Oregon and Auburn, are the Golden Gophers -- they of the 1-11 record last season, that awful domed stadium and the subarctic temperatures.

Those that knew him hailed second-year coach Tim Brewster as a master salesman (he recruited Vince Young to Texas) when he was tapped to replace Glen Mason -- and apparently they weren't kidding. He managed the lure the likes of U.S. Army All-America QB MarQueis Gray from Indianapolis, top-25 safety Keanon Cooper from Dallas and four-star receiver Brandon Green from Chicago.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/stewart_mandel/02/06/recruiting.wrap/1.html

Thats right, Golden Gophers baby 17th

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I see ESPN has Miami at #1...that's probably where he got it from.

In that case, Florida's at #4:

4. Florida

11 ESPN 150 prospects

Losing ESPN 150 guard Ricky Barnum (Lakeland, Fla./Lake Gibson) and Ramon Buchanan hurt the Gators' chance at retaining the No. 1 spot it held heading into signing day. Still, they added wide receiver T.J. Lawrence (Lakeland, Fla. / Kathleen) into the mix and have tremendous prospects heading to Gainesville, particularly at defensive back. Will Hill (West Orange, N.J./Saint Peter's Prep) and Dee Finley (Auburn, Ala.) are the top two safeties in the country and No. 4-rated cornerback Janoris Jenkins' (Pahokee, Fla.) stock has recently soared. ESPN's No. 2-rated defensive tackle Omar Hunter (Buford, Ga.) was a big catch down the stretch.

Apr 25, 2002
Oregon is 19th per ESPN.....24th per Scout and 20th per Rivals....Oregon had some players that were announcing today that they had left on the board....Aaron Boyd WR from KY...i guess he told the Oregon coaches that hes comitted to Oregon but his mom wouldnt sign his LOI cause Oregon is too far so he signed with Kentucky. Another is Tommy Streeter WR from FL.....Also was a Oregon comitt but his mom and dad wouldnt sign his LOI cause Oregon is too far....so he comitted to Miami(FL)....Oregon also lost a comitt today...Jamaar Jarrett DE from CA.....comitted to ASU....But Oregon did gain someone....Hamani Stevens C from CA......So it was a O.K. day....i do like the class Oregon is bringing in.....especially Darron Thomas QB from TX suppose to be a dennis dixon clone but with a better arm....and Chris Harper QB from KS....A guy who can play QB...RB...LB...WR all-around ATH......
Oregon rarely brings in kids actually from the state of Oregon, it's odd how Washington produces so many more quality football players than Oregon (even adjusted for population).

^ But that just makes it all the more frustrating to be below Oregon in the standings after being above them for about 9 out of 10 years in the 20th century. August 30th is a big day.

Jan 2, 2004
ESPN's ratings are jacked.. They gave the players who played in there lame ESPN/Under Armour game higher ratings than the actual good players just so they could claim to have more good players in it, when the best players were on the other game that day.

But Michigan has done surprisingly well.. They jumped up to number ten on rivals, number eight on Scout.

They only have one outstanding scholarship as well, and that's too Terrelle Pryor, who's going to Michigan or Ohio State.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I met Terrelle Pryor. He goes to the high school right next to my old high school. My dad is a football coach and there was a conference banquet at the end of the year with all the coaches and star players. That dude is a fuckin stud.

May 9, 2002
UW is in the top 25 in BOTH Sout and Rivals....the highest being 15th at Scout. At one point, UW was in the top 10.

FSU is ALSO in the top 25 of both (I think they are in the top 15, maybe even top 10 i havent checked in awhile), but thats no surprise with EJ comin in...too bad he'll be redshirted next year!

One of the biggest surprises was WSU. By the end of December, they had 3...yes 3..recruits, all of which were under a 2 star rating. Now, since the hiring of Wulff, that have signed a 25-propect class with one 4 star recruit and even stealing a UW recruit in Mackay. Thats impressive to do that in a MONTH span. They went from 107th...to 70th in that time span.

Feb 23, 2005
What? Scout.com and Rivals.com dont have the Canes number 1 at all.
per ESPN. Scout and Rivals have Alabama as number 1. Miami is ranked in the top 5 regardless. Still a pretty steller class. And alot of attention to South Florida which was ignored while Coker was the head coach.

And Scout and Rivals differ. Some players are rated different between the two sites.

why is this shit on TV. most these kids wont make an impact next year. Sports coverage is almost becoming too much.
It won't be until 2010 to know if your class pans out.

May 17, 2004
THAT PRYOR DUDE WOULD FIT IN WELL WITH OREGONS SPREAD OFFENSE SYSTEM...JUST LIKE DIXON DID

BUT I THINK HE WILL END UP AT OHIO STATE....MICHIGAN WOULDA BEEN THERE BUT AFTER THIS PAST SEASON, NO CHANCE...

BY THE WAY ANY MICHIGAN FANS KNOW IF THAT MALLER/MALLORY QB IS TRANSFERRING, AND TO WHAT SCHOOL HE IS GOING TO??...
Ryan Mallett transferred to Arkansas. Hes appealing to the ncaa to play this year but id be suprised if they let him.