Nate Robinson expected to go pro

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Here's the players from Washington playing in the NBA, this is all I can think of off top so I may have missed some:

Brian Scalabrine
Curtis Borchardt
Dan Dickau
Doug Chrisite
Jamal Crawford
Jason Terry
Luke Ridnour
Mark Pope
Richie Frahm

Marvin Williams could go #1 if he comes out this year, plus they are saying Martell Webster would be a lottery pick if he enters. It's ridiculous how much talent is coming out of the WA, and it looks like it's only gonna get better......

Apr 1, 2002
UPSTATE NICCA said:
nate has weak offensive skills ? what exactly do u mean by that ? scoring ? 16.4 PPG. ball handling ? the guy has handles like stephon marbury. shooting ? the guy has a decent jump shot 47% FG and was 39 % from the 3 point line and 80 % from the Free Throw. Running an offense ? he averaged only 2.0 turnovers per game, thats lower than raymond felton, and chris paul and the guy handles the ball the whole game. what offensive skills exactly are you talkin' about ? the guy has no real weakness other than his height. i like this guy's game cuz he plays tough and is hard to stop one on one. and yes he would eat up earl boykins, cuz when i say nate can dunk i mean he can really dunk it like windmills and 360 dunks for a 5'9 player (thats just filthy). And how the fuck is NR 180 plbs? I'm 5'9" and 180 and dude looks hella swoll and yolked. I know he ain't 5'9" more like 5'7" maybe pass as 5'8".

check out his numbers. hes had a great career in just 3 years at washington. read the scouting report also. the guy is a deadly shooter but because hes so explosive it gets overlooked. hes the complete packege for a PG execpt his height.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=11304
I never really knew his numbers, you did alter my feelings a lil bit, I hope he doesn't get drafted so he can come play next year, huskies should be somethin major if he does. Anyway, he can't get his shot off like Earl, if you REALLY seen Earl play cuz I have when he was a GSW, that mafucka got skills. Earl'll eat up almost any PG in the league IMO, defensively/offensively. Good luck to Nate, I know his entertainment value will be great since he can dunk like the big men. I just haven't seen anything "special" from him, everything I seen him thus far, was expected. Also I noticed you mentioned his numbers but failed to mention his assists per game....I'm sure most of his points are on break aways and lay ups cuz I rarely see dude hit a shot. But of course that can be improved, he reminds me a lil bit of TJ ford.

Apr 25, 2002
kaoz206 said:
Here's the players from Washington playing in the NBA, this is all I can think of off top so I may have missed some:

Brian Scalabrine
Curtis Borchardt
Dan Dickau
Doug Chrisite
Jamal Crawford
Jason Terry
Luke Ridnour
Mark Pope
Richie Frahm

Marvin Williams could go #1 if he comes out this year, plus they are saying Martell Webster would be a lottery pick if he enters. It's ridiculous how much talent is coming out of the WA, and it looks like it's only gonna get better......
You can take Mark Pope off that list, he ain't in the league anymore I know but Scott Pollard is still in the league and he's from WA (Kamiakan HS in Eastern WA). In 2 years the following will be for sure added to that list:

Nate Robinson
Adam Morrison
Marvin Williams
Martell Webster
Brandon Roy

Some others that are possibilities include:
Tre Simmons
Will Conroy
Aaron Brooks

I know the Cali people are probably pretty proud of their ballers but honestly, if you do the math, I don't think there will be a state in the country that has more NBA players per capita than the WA. This year they had 3 McDonald's All-Americans out the WA, that's for a population of 6 million people! Crazy how this dark state up there straight balls.

Aug 20, 2004
AC Transit said:
Tre can only really shoot and he's streaky at that and can't stop anyone to save his life
Guess what...you just desrcibed Ray Allen.... :knockout:

Conroy is solid but he doesn't do one thing overly great - plus he's not that athletic for NBA standards.
Hes more athletic than you think...not to mention the man excels when needed...he is/was the all-time assist leader in UW histroy...so he must be doin SOMETHIN great... :cool:

May 15, 2002
I know its a joke but dont put Tre Simmons in the breath with Ray Allen

Sean Lampley is the leading scorer at Cal so what does that tell you? He was talented enough to play as a freshman, but not talented enough to leave as an underclassman so he compiled these numbers over four years. Conroy is a NBDL player at best.

Aug 20, 2004
AC Transit said:
I know its a joke but dont put Tre Simmons in the breath with Ray Allen

Sean Lampley is the leading scorer at Cal so what does that tell you? He was talented enough to play as a freshman, but not talented enough to leave as an underclassman so he compiled these numbers over four years. Conroy is a NBDL player at best.
Well I guess it remains to be seen..I watched every UW game that was on TV this year...and Conroy did the damn thing...when everyone was slumpin...this muthafucka stepped it up...

Have you watched Ray play this year?Well guess what...I havent missed ONE game this year...hes FG% is doen considerably...as his hes 3 PT%...and how many times does Ray get burned by faster players???LOL...its embarrasing...and Tre can create just as good as Ray can...they looked identical this year....trust me guy...i know what i seen...the proof is in the visual...

Matter of fact...lets compare the 2!

Ray Allen:

FG% 3P% FT% STL BLK TO REB AST PTS
.424 .374 .889 1.07 0.1 2.2 4.4 3.7 23.8

Tre Simmons:

FG% 3P% FT% REB AST TO STL BLK PTS
.452 .417 .868 4.8 1.6 2.0 1.3 0.2 16.0

Ray plays 40 minutes,Tre played 26...and Tre had a MUCH better supporting cast talent wise....

Look pretty good to me...and yes...he can take,over get extremely hot or extrmely cold...JUST LIKE RAY....and Tre can drive...JUST LIKE RAY...hes as lazy...AS RAY....so cut the crap...

May 15, 2002
I don't doubt that Conroy did his damn thing - I definitely saw games where he came up clutch and where he brings a lot of intangibles to the table but theres one thing...you're here comparing college to pros.

College basketball is super watered down because of all the early entries - and anyone marginally can look great but put them up against the best of the best and then see what happens.

im laughing comparing those stats - someone stats in college vs someone in the NBA - You can't do that. Funny i wonder how the sonics would have done this year with tre simmons and not ray allen.

Aug 20, 2004
AC Transit said:
im laughing comparing those stats - someone stats in college vs someone in the NBA - You can't do that. Funny i wonder how the sonics would have done this year with tre simmons and not ray allen.
Hmmm..funny you should ask!!!!Dare i dig up the Sonics record this year with him hurt vs. the record with Rashard Lewis out????I think i SHOULD!!!!

Without Ray Allen this year:3-1

Without Rashard Lewis:5-7

You know why??Cus we have a LITER of guards...Ron Murray has been scoring 11 points a game since Rashard went out...AD is averagin 11 a game....Damien Wilkins has had huge games as of late(averagin around 12 points since Rashard went doen in the Portland game...in which he acored 21 points...and Luke is around 10 a game...we have 4 TRUE PF's(Collison,Fortson,Potapenko,Evans)...and none of them average more than 8 points a game...Rashard(20 a game) is a combo PF/SF...as is Vlad Rad(12 a game)...and they are both out...which is even WORSE....

SO would it be different if Ray was out...and Tre was in...and we were healthy??NO....laugh all you want...i could care less...i know these teams..i watch them day in and day out...you catch em on TNT/ESPN once every 2 months and see the highlights....

EDIT:3-1,5-7

Aug 20, 2004
AC Transit said:
I might not know a lot but I Know this...Sonics are out in the first round with or without Lewis or whoever
Depends...if we have to play Houston...are chances look good...if we are HEALTHY that is...i saw a stat the other night..the Sonics have played Houston more than ANY other opponent in the post season...we have won 6 0f the 7 series against them...including 34 wins....If we play Sac...i feel good about that as well...we were 3-1 against em in the regular season...but if we play Denver...we are fucked...no ifs,ands or buts about it...matter of fact...dont be shocked to see Denver in the Western COnference Championship...

May 13, 2002
www.fuckingbored.com
im suprised no one has mentioned that nate is the best defensive point guard available in the draft. on defense his height plays to his advantage. he can get underneath any point guard in the world. his motor never stops running and he plays every play like its his last. he is not soft like 90 percent of basketball players. a quality like that is rare in the nba these days with all these primadona mother fuckers who wear 30 wristbands. what he lacks in his height he makes up for in his hops. last year larry bird who is the gm of the indiana pacers said that he would have taken him in the first round with the 29th or 30th pick. nate only stayed for this year because he thought he would be a lottery pick. he had a bad year. before the season started people were saying he would be a national player of the candidate.

Dec 29, 2004
Mean Mugg said:
NBA? LMAO. He ain't gonna get drafted, he should stay 1 more year if he knows what's best for him. Guards in the league will DESTROY dude, he doesn't have much skill as far as I've seen him play. Good luck to him tho.
Props to Nate Robinson last night.....

May 8, 2002
The Human Highlight

Mean Mugg said:
He made me eat that comment last night didn't he? Crazy win.

He sure did! LOL. I cant wait until the Knicks come here and face the Sonics. Ill be at that game fo sure.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Mean Mugg said:
He made me eat that comment last night didn't he? Lucky shot though, he rainbowed that ball like a muthafucka. Crazy win.
That's how he shoots everytime.Don't pretend to have a scouting report,when it is obvious to anybody who has seen him play more than once,that he shoots rainmakers.

"Earl'll eat up almost any PG in the league IMO"lol