Nas To Release Greatest Hits Compilation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 13, 2006
www.stashonline.com
Nas and Columbia Records will officially end their 14-year partnership this November. Columbia announced that they will release a greatest hits collection featuring 12 songs from Nas' catalogue as well as the Nas and Cee-Lo collaboration "Less Than An Hour," which is featured on the Rush Hour 3 Soundtrack. The song, which is Nas' only new material since recording the controversial Hip-Hop Is Dead album, had been making the mixtape rounds for a while before being officially released via AOLmusic.com on August 10.

Nas and his Jones Experience imprint still remain on Def Jam, as the Columbia greatest hits release is likely the last album to fulfill an earlier contractual obligation. As an executive, Nas will continue to oversee the Soul/R&B artist Tre Williams, who is currently signed to his label Ill Will Records.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
hella artists contracts are about to be up....50 was just talking about he needs only one more album then a greatest hits....I think the same with luda....

Jun 15, 2005
He's only doing it to fulfill a contractual obligation, not to give you the best product he can.

I won't buy it, becuase I already have all the shit he's put out!

I say cool, whatever's gonna let him move on a get that Premo/Nas album out and on the shelves.

Feb 8, 2003
They been ended they partnership last year when he signed to Def Jam. Once you sign to another label its over. Columbia just saying this the official end so that they can make a quick buck off his name. I never understand greatest hits albums in this day and age we can just download or gather up all the old shit from teh albums and make our own greatest hits. Labels need to release more of the rare and unreleased tracks from the vault by artists