Nas Mentions E40 In Recent Interview

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2006
"Nas - Yeah, I mean the shit is still poppin'. You got The Game and Kanye (West). E-40 killed them this year. Snoop Dogg just fuckin' murdered them. There is a whole bunch of shit that's coming and people are still spittin' stuff."

It is nice to see that Nas would mention E40 given that he co-signed the deragatory remarks made pertaining to 40 by AZ. 40 truly did have an awesome year.

Aug 6, 2006
@ Gas One.. No, you are mistaken because he sold the other 27,000 else where like the mom and pop stores, Itunes, etc. Soundscan doesn't record all of that, he's getting a Gold Plaque for this album even if sales completely stop today! He was certified a while ago bruh.

Aug 6, 2006
Gas One said:
of course i was gonna see exscuses....lol...whatever dog

niggas actin like they did sic-wid-it audits
thats what soundscan reported this week, deal with it
Damn dawg, can you reply to someone directly and explain your position please? Because it's crazy that you ignore the fact that Soundscan doesn't record everything, and everyone in the history of music gets certified right before they reach the limit for Gold, Plat, etc.. Keysha Cole was certified Platinum waaay before she sold a million copies bruh, you must not know anything about music fam bam. Are you eluding the fact that he sold over 27,000 records in non sound scanned stores/distributors? You must just feel like being an ass hole or something because you're holding on to that soundscan number like it's the bible. Another brain washed industry junkie for you..

Oct 28, 2003
Gold or not 40 had agreat year. If 30's the new 20- Gold is the new Platinum. The days of rappers going 5 times platinum all over the place is OVER. Those were pre niggaz in every city pushin 5 for 20$ bootleg cd's and net geeks downloading everything 2 weeks before it hits the stores. The game is all fucked up and we the consumer is mostly to blame. I'm sure EVERY PERSON ON HERE knows somebody that had bootleg 40 cd's, Mac Dre, 2 Short...That is the problem.

Aug 24, 2006
40 had a great year but not on his own shit. mostly on others peoples shit like lil jons snap ya fingas mainly.. regaurdless he did get recognition and have a good year.. U adn Dat was a hit as well

Mar 8, 2006
Why is anyone even given any credence to this shit? If you love the Bay Area and what we're about (or even if you don't), you know that 40 had an outstanding year. The Gold Plaque he received will prove that he went Gold, feel me? Dude sent the soundscan report like its the end all-be all, but the real sign of whether you go gold or platinum is that plaque. When the RIAA gives you that gold plaque, it means you did 500K units one way or another...The plaque speaks. The certification speaks and 40 has been certified gold. PERIOD. But, just like everyone else who reponded, we get into with cats who like to press buttons....and they just think its funny, right Gas One? Its all good, cuzzo! You're opinion matters somewhere...Just not here...Be good, ya'll!!

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
btownboss said:
"Nas - Yeah, I mean the shit is still poppin'. You got The Game and Kanye (West). E-40 killed them this year. Snoop Dogg just fuckin' murdered them. There is a whole bunch of shit that's coming and people are still spittin' stuff."

It is nice to see that Nas would mention E40 given that he co-signed the deragatory remarks made pertaining to 40 by AZ. 40 truly did have an awesome year.
Nas and AZ haven't been cool for a while

::

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
@GasOne:
i ain't makin excuses, but e-40 is certified gold because he has shipped gold. in the industry that counts as gold or platinum. same for ice cube, and three six mafia. if you see, three 6 has only sold 982,000, however they have received a platinum plaque becasue they have shipped a million units to various retailers. as longs as you ship gold, platinum, etc..you will get a plaque