Name your all time starting 5

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
lol@bron over bird,,,, you fucking serious? if you made a best 5 team of all time, exact player's except 1 team with lebron, and one team with bird, the team with bird would beat the team with lebron, bird made his teamates better, lebron is just a stat monster, highlight real, lights out shooting like larry had in some games, is like a punchers chance in boxing, if larry got hot, he could will his team to win, just like he did in college, larrys basketball iq shit on lebrons, just cause larry is a white boy, that you never saw play, doesnt mean he just bombed 3's all day, he played a hell of alot tuffer then lebron does, he was blue collar, diving into the stands head first after the ball, all that shit, Bird was on a college team that has only been to 3 ncaa tournements, and bird led them to the finals, only to lose to a STACKED mighigan state team with magic, who double, and triple covered him all day, he had 0 help, if bird and magic both hurt each others all time records, by knocking each other off, and always fighting eac other year after year, Larry is just mentally stronger, and tuffer then lebron will ever be, probley no player ever could beat lebron one on one, but id take bird for my team, bird had a championship by the time he was 25, lebron doesnt even have the most of his draft class. If larry never injured his back cementing his moms drive way(what kinda millionare athletes does labor like that, he was a different breed), he could of had even more championships, If magic and bird never had things happen outside of basketball that ended there careers, maybe MJ might never have taken over the leage, when they where on fire, the bulls couldnt get past the celtics. If not for magic, and his back injury, bird probley would have had 5-6 championships, a ncaa title, till bron wins it all, he isnt nothing but the best athlete ever to play, but that doesnt make you the best of all time, Jeff George is probley the most talented NFL QB to play the game, but he sure in fuck aint the best. Natural talent can only take you so far, Lebron will keep getting knocked out of the play off's, till he joins a team with a real winner like kobe.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
In Birds first 7 seasons, he shot over .500 4 times, Lebron in his first 7 seasons, hasnt done it once(he might this season, he is at like .500 flat right now), in birds first 7 seasons, he won 3 nba titles, Lebron will get bounced from the play off's this year by a team that plays better team basketball like he does every year.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
lol@bron over bird,,,, you fucking serious? if you made a best 5 team of all time, exact player's except 1 team with lebron, and one team with bird, the team with bird would beat the team with lebron, bird made his teamates better, lebron is just a stat monster, highlight real, lights out shooting like larry had in some games, is like a punchers chance in boxing, if larry got hot, he could will his team to win, just like he did in college, larrys basketball iq shit on lebrons, just cause larry is a white boy, that you never saw play, doesnt mean he just bombed 3's all day, he played a hell of alot tuffer then lebron does, he was blue collar, diving into the stands head first after the ball, all that shit, Bird was on a college team that has only been to 3 ncaa tournements, and bird led them to the finals, only to lose to a STACKED mighigan state team with magic, who double, and triple covered him all day, he had 0 help, if bird and magic both hurt each others all time records, by knocking each other off, and always fighting eac other year after year, Larry is just mentally stronger, and tuffer then lebron will ever be, probley no player ever could beat lebron one on one, but id take bird for my team, bird had a championship by the time he was 25, lebron doesnt even have the most of his draft class. If larry never injured his back cementing his moms drive way(what kinda millionare athletes does labor like that, he was a different breed), he could of had even more championships, If magic and bird never had things happen outside of basketball that ended there careers, maybe MJ might never have taken over the leage, when they where on fire, the bulls couldnt get past the celtics. If not for magic, and his back injury, bird probley would have had 5-6 championships, a ncaa title, till bron wins it all, he isnt nothing but the best athlete ever to play, but that doesnt make you the best of all time, Jeff George is probley the most talented NFL QB to play the game, but he sure in fuck aint the best. Natural talent can only take you so far, Lebron will keep getting knocked out of the play off's, till he joins a team with a real winner like kobe.

Dude I didnt read your book man. Once I got to the part where u said Bird makes his teammates better and Bron is just a stat monster I stopped. That told me everything I needed to know about your knowledge of the game of ball. LeBron may be the best at making his teammates better than anyone, especially non PG position! Bird won 3 titles with an allstar squad next to him. Do u really wanna compare supporting cast? I dont think so. Either way u slice it Bron is easily the more talented player and better than Bird in all aspects of the game except for 3 point shooting! Done deal! Got Em!!

Jul 5, 2009
Yeah i remember Bird havin to lay out the sidelines cause his back was fucked up. I'll take either Bird or LeBron on my squad. LeBron is a vastly better athlete and i don't remember what Bird's numbers were, but i do know for sure that he could rebound and pass the ball at a great level.

Jul 5, 2009
Larry Birds averages per game are killin. They're somewhat similar to LeBron's at a time where there were more legendary players. He's known as a 3-point shooter but the 3-point line wasn't a part of the NBA until the 1979-1980 season so i wonder how good he coulda been from there if he grew up shootin from way out there as opposed to mid-range. And his steals are up there too. This is a good debate and they're a closer comparison than i thought.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/birdla01.html

May 10, 2002
Either way u slice it Bron is easily the more talented player and better than Bird in all aspects of the game except for 3 point shooting! Done deal! Got Em!!
You're not saying that Lebron James is a better shooter than Larry Bird was are you?

There's more to shooting than 3s you know

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
You're not saying that Lebron James is a better shooter than Larry Bird was are you?

There's more to shooting than 3s you know
Well there are stats for 3 point shooting and then scoring in general. If it makes u feel better, Bird is a better "outside" shooter than LeBron!! Hell Steve Kerr is a better "outside" shooter than LeBron. That aint sayin much. All Im sayin is if u compare to great players and all one player has over the other player is outside shooting then its pretty easy to figure out who is the better player! Got Em!!

May 10, 2002
Well there are stats for 3 point shooting and then scoring in general. If it makes u feel better, Bird is a better "outside" shooter than LeBron!! Hell Steve Kerr is a better "outside" shooter than LeBron. That aint sayin much. All Im sayin is if u compare to great players and all one player has over the other player is outside shooting then its pretty easy to figure out who is the better player! Got Em!!
:ermm:

So now you're discrediting one of the fundamental skills of basketball. CZAR, seriously, get Lebron's dick out of your mouth.

If Steve Kerr isn't able to make outside shots, Michael Jordan doesn't win one of his championships.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
:ermm:

So now you're discrediting one of the fundamental skills of basketball. CZAR, seriously, get Lebron's dick out of your mouth.

If Steve Kerr isn't able to make outside shots, Michael Jordan doesn't win one of his championships.

Wow and u usually one of the few cats on here I can actually have a real debate with, without the immaturity. I guess not anymore. Dog how the fuck u take what I said as discrediting??? If a player has one skill that he is better than the other player and thats it, then its obvious the other player is better as he is better in all the other skill categories! Discredit....no just comparing players and goin over all the aspects of the game and LeBron is the better player. Do I have to spell it out for u! Get Birds dick out of your mouth and ass! No need for dumb ass comments like that just because I schooled yo ass on this hoop shit. U have no argument here, its clear that LeBron is better than Bird whether u wanna believe it or not! Got Em!!

May 10, 2002
A couple of things CZAR

1) For those reading, the way to fuck with CZAR is to make him think he got under your skin, because that's all he's here for. He does the "Got em" thing over and over so to make people get sick of it.

2) I never said Bird was better than LeBron. You made a couple of assumptions, (direct and indirect) and I called you on them and somehow in your world, that means I said Larry Bird is better than Lebron James.

Basically what I pointed out was that:

Bird is more clutch
Has more rings
Is a better shooter

To which you said:

Why? Cause Bird made game winning 3s?
Because Bird had an all-star cast
Sure he's a better shooter, but that aint sayin much.

I'm still trying to find where I said Larry Bird is 'better' than Lebron James

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
A couple of things CZAR

1) For those reading, the way to fuck with CZAR is to make him think he got under your skin, because that's all he's here for. He does the "Got em" thing over and over so to make people get sick of it.

2) I never said Bird was better than LeBron. You made a couple of assumptions, (direct and indirect) and I called you on them and somehow in your world, that means I said Larry Bird is better than Lebron James.

Basically what I pointed out was that:

Bird is more clutch
Has more rings
Is a better shooter

To which you said:

Why? Cause Bird made game winning 3s?
Because Bird had an all-star cast
Sure he's a better shooter, but that aint sayin much.

I'm still trying to find where I said Larry Bird is 'better' than Lebron James
Im glad u got me all figured out! I think maybe I am also here because I know just a lil bit about sports! Who knows. Again there are only a few people here that I actually think knows a thing or 2 about sports and u are one of them so when an insult is made I usually laugh it up like I got under their skin but with u I was more shocked as thats not normally the case with yourself.

Anyhow instead of goin back and fourth lets just cut to the chase...............Who is better Bron or Bird?? Got Em!!