Name as many 90's tracks from the Bay....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
Name as many 90's tracks from the Bay as possible that probably didn't receive radio/club play outside of the Bay. In L.A., we heard a lot of the singles like "It's goin down," "Hurricane," "Player's ball," "Gettin it," "Big thangs," "I got five on it," "Hope I don't go back," "Captain save a ho," "Sprinkle me," Digital Underground's tracks, and a few from Spice 1, Richie Rich, and anyone else that may have been featured on a Soundtrack.

I am doin a large project, and I'm tryin to make sure that the Bay gets represented well. I am lookin for as many tracks as possible that came from the Bay in the 90's, and even the 80's, that I might not be familiar with. I am speakin of tracks like 3x Krazy "Keep it on the real," Mac Mall "Get right," "Mac Dre is the name," Richie Rich "Mic is mine," and anything else on this tip. It doesn't matter if it's from the Bay, Sac Town, or anywhere else up there...I got enough L.A. music already, and need to even it out some.

You can drop 2, 5, or 50...I'd appreciate any input.

Dec 29, 2008
The SFC JT, Seff, Quinn, Black C
Never Trust a Hoe Seff the Gaffla
Mack a Hoe Hitman
Playing by the Rules San Quinn
You Better Come On in San Quinn
Dope Tales 11/5

Apr 8, 2006
Well fuck it sound like ya named the greatest ones 4 the most part....My Opinion Sic wit tis n Lets get a Telly where also huge!!,Heat 4 yo Azz,Ray Luv-Keep My Mask On....Anotha one that was a banger that didnt get alotta exposure was Problem Child-She'll Play This! produced by Khayree...umm Too $hort had Gettin it,Cocktails,I'm a player,just anotha day,AINT NOTHIN LIKE PIMPIN...n a gang a others as im sure ya know.
Black Rhino-Backstabbers,Dubee-My Thang,Killa Whales,yukmouth n dru down did a track called Rescue 911...Master P n Cbo did one called Thats how we break bread...
Most of these where real underground bangers tho as 4 undergroung Hits u pretty much already listed the Best ones

May 9, 2002
Why dont we just name albums? Only about >1% of 90's bay music was played on radio stations on the west coast, so naming the "other songs that didnt get radio play" is a pretty tedious task to say the least.

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
Why dont we just name albums? Only about >1% of 90's bay music was played on radio stations on the west coast, so naming the "other songs that didnt get radio play" is a pretty tedious task to say the least.
Well I was assumin that y'all had songs that got play in the clubs and on local radio that just didn't get down to L.A., even though some of us have heard them. Y'all knew all about Dre, probably Quik, MC Eiht, and even tracks like "I wish (I was a lil bit taller)" and "Back in the days" from Ahmad....but we had a few songs like Comrards "Homeboys," Suga Free "Why you bullshittin" DJ Pooh/Kam "Whoop whoop," CJ Mac "Come take a ride," WC "Cheddar" and some more that I never heard in the South, so I don't know if they made it to the Bay back then.

I know there were songs like "Burn" from Militia that got hella play in L.A. in 98, but I haven't heard them on radio since then...so they may have slipped through the cracks.

So yeah...I just need individual tracks versus albums.

Jan 8, 2007
RBL Posse-Dont give no bammer weed
11/5- Garcia Vega's
Young Lay-All About My Fetti -appeared on the soundtrack of the film New Jersy Drive
Dru Down-Pimp of the Year
Mac Dre- California Livin'
Jt the Bigga Figga- Game Recognize Game

May 8, 2002
Ray Luv-Forever Hustlin
Young Lay-Young, Black & Dangerous
Dubee-AKA Sugawolf/For That Skrilla
PSD-Game Costs
Mac Dre-Stupid Doo Doo Dumb
RBL Posse-Ruthless By Law
Too Short-Cocktales
Luniz-Operation Stackola
Richie Rich-Seasoned Veteran
3XKrazy-Stackin Chips
Dru Down-Explicit Game/ Can You Feel Me
every single song on these albums is slaptastic

Jul 25, 2008
young lay - gotta survive feat ray luv, mac mall, 2pac, MD on tha hook

potna deuce - heron soup that whole album was hard that hennessey track got hella play in my deck back in tha day.

Messy Marv and San Quinn - Po Ya Colla Feat 40
" " " " " - Money Over Bitches feat Sky Balla

RBL Posse - Bluebird

Dubee - My Thang
Dubee- Hairshop hoes

PSD - Pussy Aint tha Prize

the following Mac Dre tracks:
Lifes a Bitch
All it Takes
Stupid Doo Doo Dumb
Crest Creepers
Rapper Gone Bad