Myyyy Hooptie...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
C'mon now. We've all owned them. Some of us are rolling one right now. Maybe your parents had one that embarrassed yo ass when you was little. Let's hear about 'em.

When I was younger my parents had a different car (when we had one) almost evey 3-9 months. Some were pretty cool (i.e. the Vega and the old school Grand Prix) others, like the Studabaker where off-the-hook POS.

The 'baker was light blue, dark blue, and rust. It made this funny-ass noise whenever you started it. "Duhduhduhduhoooommmmmmm!" Bwhahahahahaha!

My siblings and I still make that sound to this day when we talk about it. The shit had springs coming out the back seats and we had to sit on newspapers or cushions to keep from getting poked in the ass. It ran like shit and took forever to get up speed. One day it just died while going up an overpass (it allways did this hella slow, coughing and sputtering all the way). We knew the 'baker was finished this time. We just got out and left it there.

RIP the 'baker

I have a gang of hootpie stories but I don't wanna blow my whole load in one post so I'll let ya'll come clean for a few.

Late.

May 10, 2002
Ahh the hooptie stories. Ok, My peeps own a 1987 baby blue Dodge Grand Caravan. I had to drive that piece of shit to school everyday. It would have hella carseats everywhere, the paint job was all fucked up, it had no hubcaps, no AC, and it smoked like a dam Cigar. When I would stop at a red light, there would be this nasty ass cloud of white smoke coming from the muffler. and when I pressed the gas to take off, I would cloud up the whole entire intersection. That shits embarrasing.
Not to mention the dozen or so times that shit broke down on me.

That was the type of vehicle that no one would even think about stealing even if you left the keys in the ingition and a $10 bill on the drivers seat.

Apr 26, 2002
Had a beat Mazda Protege that everyone called "the click" cause everytime you would turn the car would click hella loud like a mutha fucker.

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
^Yeah, like the "Family Truckster" in National Lampoon's Vacation.
I own a Really Shitty Hooptie right now, '86 MAzda B2000, for the longest time it had no Door handle on the outside driver's dorr, so I had to open the passenger door, and get in to open the door from the other side. I just fixed that a couple weeks ago, even though I had the replacement handle for over a year, my stoner ass didin't really want to fuck it up anymore than it was.
Which brings me to the inside passenger door handle, my friend broke part of the plastic that holds the handle in, and it was coo for a while, until my buddy couldn't get his fatass to open the door, and he really yanked on that muthafucka Repeatedly. and the fuckin' spring popped out, and it was fucked. So I had to open the door for any passengers and have the passenger open the door for me from the inside. To top it off my tape player os stuck in Chipmunk Mode, I was just drivin' down tha Street beating out sum DE shit, and it started playin' hella fuckin' fast. And the paint is all fucked up and my tweeters are blown, fuck this piece of shit, the only money I'm puttin' into it from now on is for Gas and Oil, and maybe Tires.

I just need to stop buyin' Weed and Studio equipment and start savin' for a new ride

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Rack "WELFARE SLEDS"

...at another time we had an old 70's Galaxie 500. That muthafucka was BIG. We called it "the boat" cause it "floated" on the highway, or at least the wore-out shocks made it seem that way. Let me tell you, this 1 ton monster had no back window. We'd embarras my mom by jumping out the rear window opening (there were 5 of us) whenever we arrived to wherever it was we we were at. Damn she'd be so pissed.

But fuckin A, it was cold den a sumbitch in the winter. We used to have to carry blankets n'shit in the trunk to beak out when it got too cold. It really sucked when it started raining though. We'd be all crunched up against the back of the front seats begging my mom to drive faster (to get home).

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

i had a 1988 Honda Accord
bak seats all toe up
no power windows
one of the moldings were missing
the blak paint from the frame around the bak windows was peelin off
constantly overheated in the summertime
always dirty on the inside

Apr 25, 2002
daaaamn how'd i miss this post?

81 monte carlo.it was a nice car when we got it.now it's all rust.i mean the whole hood is rusted so bad it got all these little tiny holes in it.the only option is to find another hood if we ever wanted to repaint it.

seats all tore up.signal stick is broke so you gotta hold it down.big orange sized rust cancer in the side paneling.

one thing good it's reliable as fuck!

we still got it to this day and we all drive it at one time or another.i would'nt be caught dead driving it to school though.

ghetto!

i think the paint got ate up by washing it with dishwashing detergent as kids lol!!!

May 13, 2002
Man, my parents have a few cars, all coo, a passport thats still clean, a tight ass truck, and the one a drive with dumbs and tv/dvd and all this bullshit. But my dads has stuck with this hooptie that he has. Its like a 87 aerostar i think..its a ford van, man that shit broke down every day! haha. the paint of all faded, leaks in the front window, so when it rains my dads has to put a rag uder the leak haha. the radio barely works. its all fucked up, but we still got it out side of the house parked looking hella stupid haha.

Apr 25, 2002
aww hell we got one a those to same problems paint faded and pealed.sumthing always wrong with it.i hate that shit.it's so tore up all we use it for is to haul dirty trash bags fulla cans to the recycling center.

and fishing.

May 3, 2002
Reminds me of my aunt's car. 1986 Chevrolet Beretta.
Whenever you start the engine, it makes a "crrrr" sound before the motor turns on. The outside was supposed to be maroon, but the rear bumper was white and the passenger door was baby blue (both parts were replaced because of accidents, but the car was never painted.) Recently, she's decided to paint it, but hasn't, so she's riding around in primer. The inside is all fucked up as well. Seats aren't as bas as springs sticking out, but they look tore up. Driver's side from the outside doesn't work so passenger has to open door. Parking brake doesn't work and regular brakes don't work that well either. Stereo is on "chipmunk" mode as well so you can only listen to radio. And whenever you make a left turn, you have to pull the damn thing up and down manually because it won't blink on its own.

Jun 29, 2002
I have had about five hoopties in my life

the 69 green falcon really good car until the brakes went out and I had to hit the curb to stop. Oh and it used to have three on the tree but it was converted to the floor and it always threw the clutch spring with out fail once a fuckin month

#2 the 1977 toyota corolla this one was bad ass it was two door, it was jacked up in the back with lifters, the back wheels were about 2 1/2 to 3 feet across it rusted so bad that my friend went to stomp on the floor board and his foot went threw it.

#3 the 1976 ford ltd this sumbitch was so big I could lay down in the back and not have to bend my knees. it was green but the hood was rusted.

#4 ny 87 olds it was okay until I let my friend borrow it and he fucked up the turn signal so bad that if you wanted to turn left you had to cram it down and when you did the windsheild wipers would come on. when I traded it in the starter was going out and you had to set the shifter inbetween drive and overdrive to get it to work.

LOL I guess these are more POS' rather than hoopties but oh well.

Mak-X

Sicc OG
Jun 14, 2002
Colorado Springs, CO
Back in like 90 or 91 my mom got a 198? Mercury Capri, it was dark blue. We had that muthafucka for hella years. It had a sun roof, and the lining around it was hella fucked up. Everytime it rained, or when we'd get the car washed. Water would leak through bad. So my mom had a couple towels and a blanket in the trunk(which of course was accessible from the back seat), so every time it rained or we'd get it washed, we'd have to pull out the towels and blanket and hold it up to the sun roof so we could soak up the water. It finally stopped running, and it was parked in the back infront of the garage, and I ended up when I was like 12 shooting that muthafucka up with a bb gun. Popped the lights, windows, and I went point blank to the driver side window with the bbgun and blew the whole windown out. Boy was my mom pissed!

We eventually got a 1989 Ford Probe, this ride was dope, except that it had a sunroof and it soaked through just at the part that is connected to the window and car, so my mom would just rap plastic bags around it to hold in the rain, then a couple years back(Nov./Dec. 2000) that car went to shit, it was breakin down, I remember me and my mom were headed to the wherehouse by the Tacoma Mall one night, we were on the freeway, and that muthafucka started to breakdown on the freeway. So we had to get off at the next exit, parked into a parking lot and that piece of shit went ka put. My mom called my step dad and he picked us up. Then one morning my mom was headed to work, she got up the hill from our apartments onto Bridgeport and in the middle of the intersection, that piece of shit broke down. Tow truck came and picked it up and my step dad took her to work.

Back in Dec. of 2000 we finally sold it, good riddens to that piece of shit ride.

Roxy

Sicc OG
May 2, 2002
1978 Cadillac Coup Deville - This was our first family car. It was gray and had hella dents. We joked that there wasn't a spot on that car that hadn't been smashed into. The driver side door was primer grey the other door was primer white. The material covering the inisde part of the hood was all undone and sagged. The outside paint was peeling up on the roof. It was an eye sore. But I loved that car, it rode smooth and U could fit hella friends in there.

My first hooptie was a 19( ) Honda Civic, also gray. It was just a straight bucket, no back window. Then the I had a super green Dodge Dart (1963). That car was in bad shape but it was a beautiful car. There was a hole on the passenger side of the floor. It was a push button automatic. I really miss that piece of shit. :cry:

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
The OL and I owned a 76 Olds 88. Mostly grey primer and a few dents. The inside was firetruck red velor, kinda plush where it wasn't ripped and fading. It was all electric but, all the switch panels where falling apart and there were shorts galore. Everytime the kids rolled the windows up or down in the back, the switch would spark and smoke. The driver's side seat was busted so whenever you turned right too hard, you would raise up off the right corner and go into an involuntary gangsta lean. And the roof lining was basically a big flag that flapped in the wind 24/7 until I stuck some thumbtacks to it. Then it looked like a custom tuck and roll job out of Lowrider Magazine.

Of course being ghetto, this sumbitch had a Kenwood CD player that bumped when it wasn't bouncing too hard in the dash. I finally placed a book under the stereo and that seemed to help it. One day the brakes went out and I had use the emergency brakes to get my roll on to Kragens. Unfortunately those got heated up fast and they went out too. Ended up jumping a curb to avoid rear-ending another car. Had to play that shit off like I meant to do it.

Eventually we sold it and the next owner said it caught fire on the freeway 3 weeks later.