My View on Movie Piracy

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 2, 2010
I like foreign, buying copies is the only way to see some films at times, and the runs are so limited, you kind of have to jump on a chance to buy it. I haven't been doing it lately, but I'm waiting on some new stuff to drop from directors I like, or to find copies of movies I've been looking for.

I wouldn't support maybe, 95% of American films because it's like the mainstream rap game, absolutely terrible compared to how it used to be. There are a few I really like, but they are the exceptions, not the rule.
Agreed to the fullest, how they create these foreign films are much more interesting to see as well, as far as behind the scenes footage in the bonus features...

Jan 9, 2009
i just chalk it up as good ol Get Back™ for all the wasted $20 bills over the years..... on shitty sequels, prequels, dissapointing remakes, "chick flicks", "summer blockbusters", $9 sodas, $12 popcorn and $6 butterfinger bites..

but ill still go to the theater if it seems worth it (like i did for Let Me In, and it was good)

piracy is the shit especially for movie lovers because you get to look up older films or foreign films you never would have heard of without the internets

Aug 24, 2003
You haven't been paying attention. If I have no desire to pay to see a movie in theaters, then I will not pay to see it in theaters, regardless if an early screener leaks online. So, it is not like these leaked screeners are taking revenue away from the studios on my part. And if no screener pops up, I can always wait until I can download a retail dvd rip. Or sometimes I don't even bother to do that. Instead, I'll wait for the movie to come out on TV. And I have limited space on my computer, so I don't keep movies forever. Think of it like borrowing a movie from a friend. I bet you'll do that for free, you no good thief.

No. I would not do this. I would also not go into a movie theater and take reels of film. Your analogy is not applicable to what I'm talking about.

Damn my eyes! But damn yours too. You know damn well you've stolen at least one movie viewing in your lifetime by borrowing a movie from someone or watching it on TV.
you just don't understand and refuse to adhere to laws every decent citizen follows. you have to pay to see the movie period. it is the law. you don't watch it, and then pay if you like it, you pay and then watch it. whether you like it or dont like it or decide to buy it or dont buy it, you stole it by watching it before you paid. a leaked movie is stolen, watching it is stealing, whether they make money off of it or not. borrowing a movie and then watching it is stealing. showing the movie to your friends is stealing.

you know how i know that you're a liar and you don't actually purchase movies? you obviously haven't if you can't comprehend this simple message in front of any legitimately purchased movie in the past 65 years

Aug 16, 2003
^^Thats how I feel 2

LOL

Come on man, at the end of the day movie companies,and artists know there intelecutal property will be put out in the public realm of the interwebs for free. I know that it may be wrong but it helps people filter the crap from the good stuff. Plus if a movie is good people will still go see it and pay for it.

I downloaded a screener of AVATAR and liked it. I heard about the 3d deal and watched in a threater in 3d (which cost more then a normal ticket) on a weekend (which is the most expensive days to buy tickets)

Most movies still pull in millions even with things the way they are..and truth be told if a product is good people will pay.

Another way you can look at it is people will be trying to get more creative to get you to look at a movie in theater vs. DLds. 3D will help ( since most people dont own 3D TVs yet) and they will include a free digital copy of the movie in the DVD or kick in some cool bonus content in the disc.

Eventualy I see movie companies shifting to a more Netflix model where you can get movies on demand...or Some companies have been releasing movies in theater and on ON-Demand services via your local cable co.

The industry is going to have to adapt to the new tech out there sooner or later

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
borrowing a movie and then watching it is stealing. showing the movie to your friends is stealing.
Wrong. If I go over to a friend's house and he has a movie, he has every right to show it to me, in the same way I have every right to watch it when it airs on TV for free. In both cases, I am not paying for anything. And if it turns out I really like the movie, I'll go buy it. Plain and simple. And then there are those free theatrical screenings. I guess according to you, these are also morally wrong. Go tell that to the studios that authorize them.

If you say you've never watched a movie from a friend or never watched a movie you hadn't seen before on TV, then you're lying. There is essentially no difference between these things and seeing an early screener that leaked online. In all cases, I am paying for nothing. And the bottom line is that if I had no plans to pay to see the movie in theaters, then it doesn't matter if a screener ever comes out.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling
lol @ butcher trolling

Jun 5, 2004
BUTCHER YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOUR TALKING ABOUT DUDE. FUCKIN ACTING LIKE THE POLICE AND SHIT.

YOU THINK BECAUSE I DOWNLOAD I'MA THIEF? FUCK YOU DUDE I TAKE THAT PRETTY PERSONAL BECAUSE I HATE THIEVES

Aug 24, 2003
Wrong. If I go over to a friend's house and he has a movie, he has every right to show it to me, in the same way I have every right to watch it when it airs on TV for free.
seriously how dense are you. Did you not see this? can you not understand english? its a very simple set of words, lern2english

and you have no right to watch tv for free, so I guess you're admitting to being a cable thief too. it figures a person who steals movies would steal cable as well. what do you do, leech it from your hard working honest neighbors? what gives you the right to steal everything and not work hard for anything

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
and you have no right to watch tv for free, so I guess you're admitting to being a cable thief too. it figures a person who steals movies would steal cable as well. what do you do, leech it from your hard working honest neighbors? what gives you the right to steal everything and not work hard for anything
Even if I am paying for cable, I'm not paying for every movie I watch. But no, I don't steal cable. I live with someone who works for the cable company and gets it for dirt cheap. And you still haven't addressed free theatrical screenings.

By the way, "unauthorized exhibition" does not include showing it to a friend when he comes over. I also didn't pay when I saw the original Clash of the Titans on VHS in elementary school.

The bottom line here is that if it is illegal or morally wrong to see a movie for free, then why are there cases in which it is not illegal or morally wrong to see a movie for free? So far you can't answer that, and therefore you have failed.