My Two Pennies On Lil B

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 12, 2003
Not that I expect a large concentration of people to visit/read this thread, but I am simply voicing an objective view of the whole Lil B phenomena. When he and the Pack came into the game they literally took the NATION by storm with their hit record "Vans". They were some of the first visible youngsters from the pseudo skinny jean, skateboard, hipster Hip-Hop culture (especially on the West Coast) and they were misunderstood back then by most "rap fans" in the Bay.Pioneers like Short understood what was going on, Rollingstone Magazine, MTV and the NATIONS masses understood what was going on and embraced their spin on hip-hop. I say all of this to say maybe he (they) are tapping into something that a lot of core Bay Area rap fans don't get.
Like It or not Lil B is one of the most in vogue artist on the internet at this juncture in rap history. I actually talked to him right before all of this "Base God" shit blew up and to his credit he articulated what he planed to do and how it would play out with the amount of attention this persona would attract. He accomplished his mission. Everybody is talking about him. Not only is everybody talking about him he has developed a cult like following of people that love him and what he is bringing to the table. I am saying all of this to say that Lil B might not be "your" cup of tea, but there are a lot of people sipping his Snapple right now and for the second time in a very brief career Lil B has taken the NATION by storm with his music and persona. Just my two pennies on the situation.

Peace&Respect

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
this shit gives real cali niggas a bad name. fucc what u talkin about. i support the bay movement but if u think that its a good look u are just as misguided as lil b himself. after the hoes on my dicc cuz i look like jesus episode i lost all interest in anything 2 do with based music. its evil and 4 people on drugs who think that shit is cute. that shit is horrible and entertainment or not, it is not the direction i would like 2 see WEST COAST MUSIC go in. everybody got opinions tho. imma keep it anti-homo.GG

Feb 8, 2006
i do think he has sold out and sold his soul but hey don't everyone on mtv do the same thing

Sep 24, 2010
lil B is poison to my ears...Lil B sold his soul cuz aint no one gonna get any type of fame from the bullshit that he puts out...Lil B should do everyone a favor & kill himself...& if u listen to Lil B u should do the same...he is a disgrace to music...what kind of man calls himself a bitch...only a homo...& he is putting out a message for our kids saying its ok to be a bitch...FUCK THAT...

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
people from other regions who base life on realism laugh at shit like this and wonder why real niggas dont checc people like that. my legacy is solid so im not hatin,just thinkin bout the future of west coast rap. i feel people mistake popularity 4 success. thats not the truth. negative popularity is better than no popularity but i am a realist and respect matters 2. if people like something of that nature,it is a free country but my real nigga-ism and GOD loving spirit cant accept it at this point in life. DO WHAT U DO. GG'Z UP

Jun 12, 2003
"what kind of man calls himself a bitch...only a homo...& he is putting out a message for our kids saying its ok to be a bitch..." One can say what kind of man teaches kids to pop pills, snort coke and kill a nigga if they disrespect you. What kind of message is that? Do I agree with men calling themselves bitches? No. That's not my thing, but I also am not found of men with influence telling kids it's the shit to pop pills, drink and snort coke. I'll put it like this growing up in that hood shit in Richmond I saw first hand how that grimmy shit can destroy everybody involved or living near it. But "real niggaz" peddle that shit in songs everyday.

Jun 12, 2003
But like I said I'm just giving an OBJECTIVE take on the Lil B Phenomena. I feel where everybody is coming from. But, it's not like the nigga is Obama promoting "change" that we need. The nigga is making songs. I often come on here and see threads that have no space for discourse because only one side of the argument is represented.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
ILL TELL YOU WHO'S BRINGING BACK REAL HIP HOP & ITS NOBODY FROM THE BAY. YALL NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR THOSE PITTSBURG, PA. BOYS WIZ KHALIFA AND MAC MILLER, I HAVEN'T HEARD MUSIC THAT GOOD SINCE THE LATE 90'S. NO FAKE GANGSTER BULLSHIT JUST GOOD ASS MUSIC.

AS FAR AS LIL B, I PERSONALLY THINK LIL B IS ENTERTAINING LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER. I DONT LISTEN TO A TRACK OF HIS FOR LYRICISM, I LISTEN TO IT CUZ HE SAYS THE FUNNIEST FUCKIN SHIT EVER AND HE GOT HELLA LIL B FANATICS SAYING EVEN FUNNIER SHIT. IF YALL ARE LOSIN SLEEP OVER THIS U NEED TO RE-EXAMINE YOUR LIFE.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
"what kind of man calls himself a bitch...only a homo...& he is putting out a message for our kids saying its ok to be a bitch..." One can say what kind of man teaches kids to pop pills, snort coke and kill a nigga if they disrespect you. What kind of message is that? Do I agree with men calling themselves bitches? No. That's not my thing, but I also am not found of men with influence telling kids it's the shit to pop pills, drink and snort coke. I'll put it like this growing up in that hood shit in Richmond I saw first hand how that grimmy shit can destroy everybody involved or living near it. But "real niggaz" peddle that shit in songs everyday.
IF A KID ENDS UP BEING GAY ITS NOT BECAUSE OF LIL B.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
well i dont do drugs so i dont promote that but lets be real here. ONLY FAGS AND WOMEN THINK ITS COOL 2 PROMOTE HOMOSEXUALITY.thats not real nigga shit.as far as killin goes,if u are from the Rich im sure u understand politics of environment. people rap about lifestyle and surroundings and not all, but most street music is like journalism and everybody has their own truth. when i was putting out gangbang music i was really gangbangin. and kids were not who i was directin my music towards. and on another note: i never blame the INFLUENCER, i blame the weak minded who are easily INFLUENCED. homosexuality is against my religious beliefs and i have sons 2 raise. We aint bumpin no LIL B or watching Brokebacc mountain DVD's in my household. i was not born 2 understand justified HOMO-ISM.100

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
He's a smart kid, he just wanted this shit more than others and was willing to play the gay card no other rappers would touch. A sell out? Yeah, but how much street cred did he really have prior to being a pretty bitch? He said and did all the right things to get ahead in this industry today. I think his music is bad, on purpose. If he can get his fans to love his bullshit freestyles, they'll dickride extra hard when he drops an album where he actually writes and thinks about his lyrics. I can see lil b on def jam or the young money roster in as little as a year. Like it or not, this is exactly what the mainstream rap industry wants and he WILL be a major act sooner than you think.

I'm not justifying him or his actions but I knew it was pretty much an act all along before Left confirmed it. I just don't listen to his music, not that hard to do.

Apr 25, 2002
I don't have much to say about Lil B but between Left and Tay I see the conflict between what type of music or Hip Hop represents the West Coast now or in the future and clearly Tay's input that this newbie 90's babies Hip Hop thing is almost disrespectful to people coming from the classic West Coast Hip Hop sound. Tay, I guess I am wondering what your input is on acts like Murs, Zion I, Hieroglyphics, Living Legends from California and other acts that aren't from California but drawn inspiration and a lot of fans from California like Tech9ne and Atmosphere?

Nov 23, 2006
www.myspace.com
Not that I expect a large concentration of people to visit/read this thread, but I am simply voicing an objective view of the whole Lil B phenomena. When he and the Pack came into the game they literally took the NATION by storm with their hit record "Vans". They were some of the first visible youngsters from the pseudo skinny jean, skateboard, hipster Hip-Hop culture (especially on the West Coast) and they were misunderstood back then by most "rap fans" in the Bay.Pioneers like Short understood what was going on, Rollingstone Magazine, MTV and the NATIONS masses understood what was going on and embraced their spin on hip-hop. I say all of this to say maybe he (they) are tapping into something that a lot of core Bay Area rap fans don't get.
Like It or not Lil B is one of the most in vogue artist on the internet at this juncture in rap history. I actually talked to him right before all of this "Base God" shit blew up and to his credit he articulated what he planed to do and how it would play out with the amount of attention this persona would attract. He accomplished his mission. Everybody is talking about him. Not only is everybody talking about him he has developed a cult like following of people that love him and what he is bringing to the table. I am saying all of this to say that Lil B might not be "your" cup of tea, but there are a lot of people sipping his Snapple right now and for the second time in a very brief career Lil B has taken the NATION by storm with his music and persona. Just my two pennies on the situation.

Peace&Respect
so thats what the rap game has come to? its not about the quality of your music it's about who can get the most people to talk about them?

i honestly dont really care about the gay allegations, i just think dudes a fuckin weirdo. i dont think he has any real talent, i cant understand what he says when he raps, i think his biggest fanbase is the youth yet i cant see his music doing anything for them but make them dumber. but hey, "people are talking about him" and he's "taking the nation by storm" so i guess i should just shut the fuck up and give him props for all his "success," huh?

and yeah youre right theres plenty of people that are on lil b's level that promote poppin pills and bustin guns and objectifying women, but im tired of that excuse: "well hey, they're getting money/theyre on MTV/theyre doing big tours." we need to bring back some of this integrity back to hip hop and really move the game in a positive direction. right now the rap game is controlled by corporate powers and as long as artists keep suckin up those powers, no change will ever happen. the music will only keep getting dumber and dumber.

honestly the fact that right Lil B is some young kid's favorite rapper scares me. cuz if Lil B is bad the generation that's raised on his music is gonna be 10x worse.