MY THOUGHTS: It's come to my attention...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 6, 2006
Look. I am easily to blame for the situation we're in up here as well. So, if you offended by the following statements: I GLADLY INVITE YOU TO MY DICK! Long read...if you aint got a sixth grade education, just dont even scroll down, cousin.
--------

Northwess love? Who shows it? I mean, when you here about Mac Money, or Dog, or Livio, Hav not, E-Dawg, Nutz performing in the local area, do you show up? When I was a younger rapper (like 2002 or so, E-Dawg can support this) I was ignorant. When it comes to us as individuals, its mostly ME ME ME. Be honest. Real talk. I am guilty here to. If it aint me or my labelmates performing, why show support? THATS NOT RIGHT! I was signed to ONE FAMM RECORDS and learned the hard way about support people other than myself.

How are we gonna break out of this region if we cant do a show with O.T. niccas and get love from homebase?! What the fuck is that about?! The NW should be put on punishment. Really. All bullshit aside. Until local niccas is gettin love like these outta town dudes, its a fuckin wrap. Some of you will disagree because you're gettin love at these venues. Look, Im not hatin, but if niccas is thryna rush thru YOUR set to get to the next nicca...THATS A FUCKIN PROBLEM!!!

Why not show up with your squad to the next niccas function. Fuck it. Once niccas is deep at each others shit, then its a wrap! We sharin fans, we sharin support channels. Team Fa Evergreen is a success at home!

Welcome "Up Top". This is just a thought.

-100-

(To be continued...)

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
theres one thing ive noticed tho...

people dont support garbage, if a niggas weak, it dont matter how many flyers and posters and radio spots and commercials and stickers and lighters and errything else have your name on it. it wont get supported. every town has artists that just SOUND local, that will stay local, and maybe even eat local, but they gotta work hard.

if a nigga got good music, then people are drawn to it, REGARDLESS of who it is...

i remember bumpin keek years ago, and my old bitch was like "i cant stand that shit.. it just SOUNDS underground... its bullshit, what is he even saying" then years later "thats my word" came out, and all the sudden she knows every keek song and loves the hell out of it... then tell me when to go dropped and it was a wrap, now shes a keek fan...

its gonna be hard to gain credit just cause your a local, you gotta have good music too. people WANT to have a hometown hero, we just need to step it up and supply them with music they can support 100%

Apr 6, 2006
Nonstop...damn. You're absolutely right. The only issues is that us as CONSUMERS of the music dont wanna hear that local soundin shit. I mean, some niccas can swing it, but go hard or stay outta teh studio. Then in general, us as ARTISTS wonder why we not on KUBE or why the DJs aint spinnin our shit. :smh: Its a shame, but while other areas are progressin, the Northwess is still in the early 90's. I mean, greasin niccas palms with 5 maybe 10 snaps to gettum to spin your shit in the club. Dick-ridin radio DJs so they shine some light your way. Its hurtin us to be the RECESSION of rap!

Dec 11, 2002
Some good points have been made... something to think about.. there are very few FANS actually left in the crowd when you go to a show-- everyone is a "rapper" or hell-- even a producer these days... in this oversaturated market there have been soooo many times I've gone to show support both locally as well as hopped a flight to some other spot within the region and some white-tee wanna-be is on stage with 15 of his homeboys and he's yellin' for all the BITCHES to come to the stage.... then the set begins and its WEAK.. ..dont misunderstand, I know theres a learning curve .. I know folks gotta start somewhere but daaaaamn.. how many shows do I have to attend to show "support" for my region before I've had my fill..?

I do my share of business in the NW... and I support good music.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
There's a lot of shitty (personal opinion) mainstream artists that come to Seattle and get love all day long.

It's not just the artists that aren't doing their share, but radio stations out here are bitch made. How many local artists are even on the radio? Like 2-4? And I mean on a regular basis, all I can think of is Neema, and he's been puttin it down for awhile all over. I can think of plenty of people that I think should be on the radio, that's subject to opinion, but Washington has more talent than a lot of the mainstream bullshit I here on all the stations in Seattle....and everywhere else.

I agree that the local shows should be packed, but when people that are good sit on their asses and don't promote, nobody is going to know there is a show. Putting up a myspace bulletin isn't gonna get a full house. There's only a few people that know what they are actually doing (and have the support) and it shows. More people just need to follow the example.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
If its one thing that this MySpace explosion should have taught us, its that the internet won't be stopped. Even if we can't get people but to visit 3 sites--myspace, their e-mail and a northwest rap site--it'd be worth it.

I'm stubborn and hate asking for help, but if anyone is down, I have this NorthWestRap.com site that is sitting, collecting dust. I have a good amount of CDs and like typing out lyrics and other information...other than that, I can't do shit as far as web design. If anyone is down to lend that helping hand, it will definitely motivate me to push that much harder.

Bottom line though...the internet ain't going nowhere. A Site, 5 Sites...whatever, but something needs to be done. Word of mouth don't reach like it used to, so we need to make it possible for Spokane teens to learn about Tacoma Rappers, Vancouver Rappers to sample beats from Tri-Cities producers, and so on. We'll continue to be at an impasse until this happens, IMO.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
KALYN said:
Some good points have been made... something to think about.. there are very few FANS actually left in the crowd when you go to a show-- everyone is a "rapper" or hell-- even a producer these days... in this oversaturated market there have been soooo many times I've gone to show support both locally as well as hopped a flight to some other spot within the region and some white-tee wanna-be is on stage with 15 of his homeboys and he's yellin' for all the BITCHES to come to the stage.... then the set begins and its WEAK..
Weak or not, we still had bitches on stage!! Hater. :angry:

Apr 6, 2006
I see what mufuckas is sayin, but it'll be evident come summer. Im puttin my ten toes to the pavement and Im settin goals. I seen how to do it WRONG and Im watchin how to do it RIGHT. (Too bad gorilla tactics dont work in the NW) :lol:

But, as far as garbage goes, what have you done to rectify that situation?