MY THOUGHTS: A lot of talk...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 6, 2006
Follow the fuck thru! Dont say "lets collab" and then dont respond to a nicca. I mean, I know niccas need bread and meat, but how you gon charge a nicca for some work and you aint get exposure?

Believe me, if its your primary source, thats understandable, but let me shoo you in: its called promotional or marketing expenses. Hittin that next nicca off with that track just means its that many more niccas thats gonna hear you and want work. Gotta try the batch out on a fiend before you can get it out there, right?

And I know I been postin a lot of thoughts and shit to reel niccas in...its ALL FUCKIN TALK. But once the wheels are in motion and the proper support is set up, we AS A REGION can make moves.

Why talk about going out on the road when you come home and aint no support? Why be loved abroad and ignored at the house? Sounds like an adulterin mufucka to me! I know the bitch gon cheat if she aint treated right at home (the NW artist), but Im willin to put forth the effort to DEMAND the attention. I wanna hear Cool Nutz, E-Dawg, Non-Stop, Westcoast Stone, Mr. DOG and others on Kube 93 in regular ro'. Yuhdig?! Dont act like its not possible. It is. Really.

I know sound like a drunk preacher or like a journalist with all this typin and bullshit, but hell, if I stop traffic, niccas might listen.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I'd like to hear more local artists on the radio as well, then I'd actually start listening to it again. There's a station in Yakima that is more friendly music-wise than KUBE is, so hit them up (for anyone that wants to).

This type of discussion is good too, cause you're being a positive contributor to the forum and the conversations you start, unlike some people that just like to talk shit.

But I do agree, the radio rotation is possible. If one person can do it, others can as well. It's not like Byrdie and Neema are remarkably better artists than EVERYONE in the NW...No, I'm not taking anything away from them, I like their music, but when I listen to the music it's not always like, "damn that is the best shit I've ever heard." Except Neema's last album was one of the best overall albums I've heard out of the NW ever, but my point is that if Neema can do it, why the fuck can't anyone else? Most people dont' have that drive to get their shit out. People aren't willing to stand out in the rain at a fuckin Mariner's game to sell CDs or promote, those that do that shit though get their name out way more than those that don't. These steps are not huge...If anyone has seen "What Abotu Bob?" then take the advice and take some baby steps to furthering your careers as artsits.

Really though, I would like to hear more locals on the radio, cause I think the NW has more talent than 99% of the shit that's on the radio and MTV, that shit is pathetic.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Seattle is an untapped resource. When people start to blow from the area, it's going to get real suacy in this town. We've got the talent, the talent needs to get the exposure.

Don't wait for it, work for it.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Working for it is fine, as long as it is realized that there IS NO "its going to happen sooner or later", like some people tend to think. There is no requirement to have gold and platinum artists from each large city, or state, or even region. If that was the case, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Toronto, Charlotte, Washington DC, etc etc ad infinitum, would have had their major stars long ago. They are in the positions and have the populations that matter. This NorthWest, right now, is of no consequence.

Oct 21, 2002
MrSniccrs said:
Follow the fuck thru! Dont say "lets collab" and then dont respond to a nicca. I mean, I know niccas need bread and meat, but how you gon charge a nicca for some work and you aint get exposure?

Believe me, if its your primary source, thats understandable, but let me shoo you in: its called promotional or marketing expenses. Hittin that next nicca off with that track just means its that many more niccas thats gonna hear you and want work. Gotta try the batch out on a fiend before you can get it out there, right?

And I know I been postin a lot of thoughts and shit to reel niccas in...its ALL FUCKIN TALK. But once the wheels are in motion and the proper support is set up, we AS A REGION can make moves.

Why talk about going out on the road when you come home and aint no support? Why be loved abroad and ignored at the house? Sounds like an adulterin mufucka to me! I know the bitch gon cheat if she aint treated right at home (the NW artist), but Im willin to put forth the effort to DEMAND the attention. I wanna hear Cool Nutz, E-Dawg, Non-Stop, Westcoast Stone, Mr. DOG and others on Kube 93 in regular ro'. Yuhdig?! Dont act like its not possible. It is. Really.

I know sound like a drunk preacher or like a journalist with all this typin and bullshit, but hell, if I stop traffic, niccas might listen.
you wanna jump on this record we are wrapping up get at me