My car got hit last night

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
So I'm at a super bowl party at my friend's house, and go to leave at around 10:30 only to discover that my car had been hit by somebody who then drove off after. My friend live on a cul-de-sac that is kind of out of town. So it's definitely not a through street and whoever hit me was without a doubt on their way to one of 3 houses at the end of the street.

I went over to the houses with my friend to ask them if they had seen or heard anything because I didn't want to throw any accusations out there. One house was old people that definitely weren't responsible so we didn't even go there. The second house was this super nice younger couple with a couple really young kids. They weren't it either. The third house a guy came up to the door and didn't hear or see anything, but he has a teenage daughter with a boyfriend and they both were over at the house last night. They weren't there when I went to the door tonight, and the guy said he'd ask them about it and I gave him my contact information.

We're convinced it involved the daughter or her friends or boyfriend. So my question is, if this guy doesn't call me with some news that says his daughter or her boyfriend was responsible for it, what should I do? I don't know the boyfriend's name or where he lives or anything so I couldn't just go find his car and have a look.

Jan 1, 2006
Most insurance companies will handle claims like that... My car got vandalized in '04 and again this year and both times it was covered in my insurance plan so my deductible was only $50 bucks to repair it.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Fuck calling insurance..I'm telling you...break in, cut their heads off and walk down the street with pops head, I guarantee your car will never be bothered again

Jul 12, 2002
just check their car synchronized
no need to ask u aint breakin the law
Problem is I would have to catch the boyfriend at her house so that would be a huge pain.

As far as the insurance goes, I can report it to them. The main reason I want to avoid that is because I would have to pay the premium for starters, AND sometimes when you get in an accident, no matter if it's your fault or not, they will raise your insurance or count me out of a possible discount for having no accidents.

I also didn't report it to police yet. For those of you that have had this happen before, did your insurance company require that you reported it to the police? Thanks.

jr916

Sicc OG
Jun 3, 2006
lure the girl and her boyfriend over under the impression of smoking sum dank and start askin em sum questions

Jan 1, 2006
I have triple A and when my car got vandalized they didn't ask for a police report. I thought it was going to raise my rates too but it didn't. Vandalism falls into a different category at least on my insurance plan.

Same when I got hit by a DUI driver, the cost to fix my car was 13,000 and the deductible was still only $50 dollars LOL

Jul 12, 2002
Waterboarding is the next step.

Fuckin teenagers. If they would just tell me that it happened and it was an accident I would just make their mommy and daddy pay for the repairs and involve no police or insurance companies. I was a teenager too and I probably would panic for some shit like that, especially if I had been drinking so I'm not trying to get anybody in trouble. I just want my fuckin car fixed and my insurance to not change because of it.

May 17, 2004
your insurance wont change for a hit and run. it wasnt your fault that someone hit your car when it was parked on the street. they probably wont even charge you the deductible. I didnt get charged when it happened to my car.

Jul 12, 2002
your insurance wont change for a hit and run. it wasnt your fault that someone hit your car when it was parked on the street. they probably wont even charge you the deductible. I didnt get charged when it happened to my car.
Does it gotta be reported to the police though? I figure with a hit and run the police probably wouldn't even bother to come check it out, I'd have to go file something at the county courthouse or some shit.

Jul 12, 2002
I also think that Dad was suspicious of his daughter's boyfriend because he started asking me questions like was there any paint on the car and what color it was and then he mentioned asking his daughter and the bf about it.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Does it gotta be reported to the police though? I figure with a hit and run the police probably wouldn't even bother to come check it out, I'd have to go file something at the county courthouse or some shit.
Not sure, talk to your insurance, before I new if my insurance covered what happened I thought I needed to call the police but that fat fuck came out looked at it and left, didnt even write shit down, so Im not sure exactly what needs to happen, but I say talk to your insurance and do what they tell you.