MVPTold To Work More Like Shelton Benjamin

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006
Backstage Heat On MVP After Urine Tester Incident
Date Added: September 04, 2008
Story By: Tim Brown

MVP apparently upset members of WWE management by making fun of one of the testers who watches the WWE wrestlers while they submit urine samples in a cup. His comments inspired WWE’s head of talent relations John “Johnnny Ace” Laurinaitis to hold a locker room meeting to indirectly address the incident. Laurinaitis instructed talent to be respectful to the testers.

MVP wasn’t happy that Ace made such a fuss over the situation, and those who were aware of MVP’s joke knew the meeting was obviously about him.

There has been some tension between MVP and management, stemming from agents telling him to work more like Shelton Benjamin and feeling that he wasn’t responding well to the orders.
I didn't want to omit the urine sample part of the story for those who like to know the backstage happenings, but my reason for posting the story is regarding those telling him he needs to wrestle like Shelton Benjamin.
I think that is not wise. There is already a Shelton Benjamin, why try and make the workers carbon copy clones of each other. With 3 different brands under the WWE umbrella, they need all the diversity they can get instead of 5 hours a week of the same old style. He is obviously getting over doing his thing, let him rise on his talents.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I'D LIKE TO SEE MVP COME OUTTA NO WHERE AND BEEF WIT HHH TAKE HIS BELT ON SMACK DOWN VIA LEGIT WIN AND MOVE THE COMPANY IN A NEW BETTER DIRECTION..I REALLY THINK HE GOT ALL AROUND SKILLS TO PULL IT OFF..

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
this is the version of the report i read, didnt say anything about WWE wanting him to work more like Shelton, just saying they like how he comes off as a heel....i think the complete opposite, MVP is one of those likeable heels like Stone Cold that I could see people eventually liking...

MVP upset management following a recent incident in which he made a derogatory comment to one of the drug testing monitors who watches the WWE performers while they submit urine samples.

Following the implementation of the WWE Wellness policy a few years ago, some wrestlers were submitting fake urine samples to beat the drug tests. One wrestler was eventually caught cheating in WWE developmental wrestler Afa Anoa'i, Jr. As a result, Anoa'i was suspended by WWE for 30 days, on March 20, 2008, as cheating is an obvious violation of the WWE's Wellness policy. Following the incident, WWE instituted a new rule in which the performers have to be bare from their chest down to their knees while giving urine in front of a doctor to make sure they're not cheating. A number of the wrestlers are grouchy to the monitors as you would imagine. However, MVP went too far in what he said to one of them.

MVP asked the monitor if he graduated from college. The monitor said yet. MVP then insulted him, saying something along the lines of, "So you went to school for four years to watch people's (expletive)?"

The monitor promptly complained to WWE head of talent relations John Laurinaitis as well as Bruce Prichard. Soon after, Laurinaitis indirectly addressed the matter in locker room meeting, instructing talent to be respectful of the testers and to not harass them. People aware of the MVP incident felt it was obvious that the meeting was held due to it.

Since the incident, MVP has been getting the cold shoulder from a few officials. Suddenly, the word backstage is that he doesn't know how to work as a heel to get heat. At last week's SmackDown/ECW tapings in Pittsburgh, Shelton Benjamin - who's been in-and-out of favor with WWE officials for a number of years - was given high praise in that he knows to work as an effective heel. They liked his smiling facials after he laid out MVP with his "Paydirt" finisher and more so later in the show after clocking Triple H with a belt.