Music News

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
Yeah, thats awesome that they're coming out with another one. I'm glad to see it's going to be unreleased music because if I remember correctly some of the songs on the first one I had heard before.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Sargent House has all their albums (digital) for $1.99 this weekend.
http://sargenthouse.bandcamp.com/

Sargent House Artists
Adebisi Shank
Boris
bygones
Cast Spells
Daughters
Days Away
Fang Island
Good Old War
Gypsyblood
HELLA
Lisa Papineau
Love You Moon
Marriages
me&LP
Maps & Atlases
Native
Red Fang
Red Sparowes
Russian Circles
RX Bandits
Tera Melos
This Town Needs Guns
Zach Hill

Rodriguez Lopez Productions
Big Sir
De Facto
Le Butcherettes
Omar Rodriguez Lopez
Zechs Marquise

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
New album on sept 18th.

[video=youtube_share;Hk3tURx8a2Q]http://youtu.be/Hk3tURx8a2Q[/video]

Sleeping Ute
Speak in Rounds
Adelma
Yet Again
The Hunt
A Simple Answer
What's Wrong
gun-shy
Half Gate
Sun in Your Eyes

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yeah thats dope, good to see he's still collabing with Dam-Funk.

The band are playing two shows in Japan later this month and have just confirmed a large North American tour. Tickets for most shows will go on sale tomorrow.

JUNE
24th - Tokyo, Japan - Hostess Club Weekender (Ebisu Garden Hall)
25th - Osaka, Japan - Conpass

SEPTEMBER
7th - Austin, TX - Mohawk *$
8th - Dallas, TX - Granada Theatre *$
10th - Atlanta, GA - Goat Farm (Goodson Yard Room) *$
11th - Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle*$
13th - Washington DC - 9:30 Club *$
14th - New York, NY - Webster Hall *!
15th - Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer *%
16th - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club *%
18th - Montreal, Quebec - Cabaret Du Mile End *%
19th - Toronto, Ontario - Lee's Palace *%
20th - Oberlin, OH - Oberlin College
21st - Chicago, IL - Metro *#
22nd - Minneapolis, MN - Fine Line Music Cafe *#
24th - Denver, CO - The Summit Music Hall *#
25th - Salt Lake City, UT - Urban Lounge *#
27th - Vancouver, British Columbia - The Rickshaw Theatre*
28th - Seattle, WA - Crocodile Theater / Decibel Festival
29th - Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom*

OCTOBER
1st - San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's 365 Club *#

5th - Los Angeles, CA - The Fonda Theatre *

* = w/ Bodyguard
$ = w/ Moon Diagrams
! = w/ TEEN
% = w/ Phedre
# = w/ Dâm-Funk

:cool:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Yeah if I go to that it's definitely more for Dam-Funk. Seeing Ariel have a bad acid trip on stage might be lulz tho.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
maaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I'm hella slacking but I just found out Mic Todd, OG bass player from Coheed, has testicular cancer.
He dun goofed last year when he tried to rob a Walgreens saying he had a bomb strapped to his chest, but out of all the crazy drunken stories I have, Mic's one of the legit nicest people I've ever met. Ultra bummed.
I'll never forget walking up to him at the bar after a show here and interrupting him pre-slaying some hot ass asian groupie, and stammering "Hey Mic, I'm Dave's buddy. I quit playing bass 6 years ago but I started playing again after I heard Willing Well 3."
he just stared at me for 5 seconds, I was about to apologize and walk away and he says "... Fucking finally, that's the first time they let me go crazy with a riff and you saying that makes me want to go back in the studio and re-record the first two albums with them letting me go nuts!!!!" We then proceded to get mashed until my friends and me got thrown out of the bar, with Mic & Dave, while I was screaming to leave them alone because they were rockstars. I felt like an asshole about it for months until Dave (Who was Coheed's keyboard player during that tour, another super awesome guy) wrote me an email saying he had just remembered that night and how funny it was to have this guy who was twice the size of all the bouncers telling them not to kick him & Mic out or else they'd have to go home in a wheelchair the next day. And how he brought it up to Mic and he told him to say thanks to me again and to party with them the next time they were in Chicago. Dave got kicked out of the band shortly after, same with Mic when he was addicted to painkillers, the first time. So I never got to do that again.
Besides Brendan from TREOS and Tony from The Forecast, I don't think I could actually meet one of my musical heros and have them be that fucking cool. Sorry if I'm spamming with shit no one else cares about, I'm just not really a religious guy so I don't pray, but I feel like the best thing I can do besides becoming a doctor is show some other people how fucking badass Mic is.

[video=youtube;hk33WaLEff0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk33WaLEff0[/video]

So here's to Mic. If you're a religious man say a prayer, if not, have a drink and pop a pill.
"The cool thing about music is I could die in five minutes, but a hundred kids could love the bass line I dropped five years ago, learn it in a month and have it influence them for the rest of their lives." - Mic Fucking Todd.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
As much as I like the cover (and also hope they didn't really break up) I keep jammin the OG version of Baby. I think I've listented to it like 20 times now since finding out that it was a cover in the first place. I'm going to try to track down the full length album Dreamin' Wild by Donnie & Joe Emerson. I thought this was interesting about the album...

I wish I could say I’d been hip to this song before early yesterday when I first heard Ariel Pink’s cover of the tune, but I wasn’t. If you haven’t heard Ariel Pink’s relatively faithful cover, you can hear it over at Brooklyn Vegan. And as much as I love Pink’s take on the track, I’m actually more taken by the Emmerson Brother’s original. The tune was originally released on a 1977 single by the Pacific Northwest-duo and then as part of their 1979 debut album which was recorded in a home recording studio built by their father who believed in their ability. Unfortunately, the album never achieved commercial success and was only distributed locally – never making it to record stores 5 hours away in Seattle.
I might cop the vinyl if I can find a link and the rest of the album is even near as good as Baby.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Some more [as] singles dropping.

06-18 Unknown Mortal Orchestra’
06-25 The Hives
07-02 Wye Oak
07-09 Absu
07-16 The Field
07-23 Flying Lotus
07-30 Gauntlet Hair