Mr. Nobody

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003

This genuinely mind blowing movie is an experience revolving around the notion of choice, the importance or futility of decisions, a complex story that questions randomness, and what our lives are made of. Illustrated by bribes of a science documentary enlightening us about concepts like time before and after the big bang, the extremely interesting superstition of the pigeon, the eventuality of the big crunch, the complexity of quantum mechanics and string theory. This is a journey into the human psyche and the ability to create and explore in our imagination all the possible moves, like a chess player, that would lead to different paths, different existences. Exceptionally imaginative, acutely funny and startling, this production reeks of intelligence and craftsmanship, breaks down linear storytelling into bits, only to shuffle the whole thing in a brilliantly orchestrated masterpiece.
This movie is outstanding. I decided to watch it for two reasons; one being that I am a fan of Jared Leto (I'm more partial to his music, but I do believe he is a talented actor), and second, the short synopsis that I read really appealed to my interest. Although the director is Belgian and the entire film was shot outside of the U.S. it is an english film. The movie had little to no promotion and obviously was not released in the United States.

From director Jaco Van Dormael: "My producers don't like me saying it, but it's really a big-budget experimental film about the many different lives one person can live, depending on the choices he makes. It's about the infinite possibilities facing any person. There are good or bad choices in life. It's simply that each choice will create another life for you. What's interesting is to be alive."

It has much to do with the butterfly effect.

While I do HIGHLY recommend this movie, please keep in mind the trend of movies that I have suggested in this forum; It is VERY Kaufman-esque. I'm not going to rate the film because I don't want people to have any expectations. Just give it a shot. If you have trouble finding a copy to watch let me know and I'll personally upload it.

Jun 21, 2005
Looks interesting. hella makes you wonder. just one split second decision can alter the rest of your life. an upload would be appreciated.

Mar 18, 2003
Upload is just about done. I had to re-download the movie because the one I had was too large. I'm uploading the R5 instead of the DVDRIP because it's half the size. It's still good quality, though.

Mar 18, 2003
Alright I was able to upload both versions. If you have Megaupload credits or have an account with them then you can go for the 1.4GB version which is of better quality. Otherwise choose the 700MB version. The post I made with the trailer has been updated with the links. Let me know what you guys think.

One more thing; you might come to a point when you think to yourself "this is too much" (might be confusing at first) but just keep watching and everything will unfold.

Mar 18, 2003
You do know he is foremost a musician right? My being a fan of his has nothing to do with his movies/television shows. With that said, I understand that a large majority of this board does not like the type of music he puts out, but it's not like I give two shits about his role in My So Called Life. Not that this will change your perception of him, just as long as you know I am a fan of his music.

May 8, 2002
Just finished watching this and it's not as confusing as I thought it would be but it definitely kept me on my toes. I'm not sure I like the big crunch ending but I can live with it. This film explores allot of interesting subjects and actually could have explored them more.

you might come to a point when you think to yourself "this is too much"
Didn't reach that point. Like I said I would have preferred to see even more potential lives that Nemo lived but the movie is over 2 hours long as it is.

Mar 18, 2003
I liked how they incorporated the sequence of time into the Big Crunch. From my understanding there are very few if any theories that talk about the reversal of time when the universe begins to collapse. I thought it was interesting because it plays well into the story and how many of the scenes moved forwards and backwards in time, showing the impact of Nemo's choices. However, I did feel the ending was drawn out a bit much. I kept asking myself, "how can they possibly bring this movie to a close without killing it". Well it took them a while but overall I was happy with the fact that they didn't ruin it. A movie like this can be easy to screw up with a bad ending.

Btw what I meant by "this is too much" was, I thought that some people might feel as though the movie was deliberately trying to confuse them, and by doing so, keep them watching for no other reason than to see how it unfolds. This wasn't an issue for myself but towards the beginning my gf kept giving me the "wtf" eye whenever it would switch to another point in time.

Anybody else check it out? If ever the term "sleeper" were to be used with movies, it would be with this one. Give it a shot - it's at least something original and different from what you're used to seeing in mainstream hollywood.