Mr. Arson made a good point.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
ABOVE THA REST said:

I couldn't have said it better myself....

and let's not get on them beat makers that are NO BODY'S and charging for beats......lol.....shit be hilarious.....
I feel that concept that Arson is spittin...

And I might be one of them "beat makers" thats a "NO BODY" that charges for beats..I wouldnt have it any other way...

Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
ABOVE THA REST said:
you got projects out, I'm talking about folks who ain't did SHIT before......and think just because they can make melodies, that they can charge.....
O ok..I hear you...Mane everyone produces now a days..

The way I think of it is;

You can get beats from anyone, but who did you want to be affiliated with is the question.

Nov 3, 2002
www.blazeonerecords.com
Honestly, fuck that talk! If its good, and worth it... pay for it! If not, let it go! Any and every artist should be the judge of that shit on their own! A beat is only as good as tha lyrics tha artist puts to it! 1one1

p.s. im not a producer nor am i standing up for any 1 in particular!

Jun 13, 2002
young_cap said:
Honestly, fuck that talk! If its good, and worth it... pay for it! If not, let it go! Any and every artist should be the judge of that shit on their own! A beat is only as good as tha lyrics tha artist puts to it! 1one1

p.s. im not a producer nor am i standing up for any 1 in particular!
i agree with young cap. i mean, just because a producer has no projects out and is up & coming, and they wanna charge for beats, then i wouldn't trip. as long as they got some heat, don't charge too much, you liek them & their easy to work with, then thatz it.

Nov 3, 2002
www.blazeonerecords.com
^^^^ Thank you much! People, please remember where we all started! If we didnt get that support, we might not be here! Feel me? This is tha siccness.net, a networking site for eachother to support 1 another! Lets do that! Holla! Producers, get at me! Artist ready to collab, get at me! I got albums for sale also! Anyone from tha sicc, $5 shipped! Holla! [email protected] www.blazeonerecords.com

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Real shit...When yer startin out in the production game, you HAVE to do some shit for free to get your name out. Don't think you're Dr. Dre an start tryin to charge bank cause u won't get any business! A name is just as important as skill cause if u have a good name for yerself, then consumers will trust the product more. Shit I'm 10 years into this an I charge next to nuthin...But I GET it...Yet I see these nobodys makin beats with Fruity Loops tryin to charge hundreds of dollars for their looped, elementary garbage...Hone yer skills an pay yer dues b4 u expect to GET paid!

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
DJ Mark 7 said:
Real shit...When yer startin out in the production game, you HAVE to do some shit for free to get your name out. Don't think you're Dr. Dre an start tryin to charge bank cause u won't get any business! A name is just as important as skill cause if u have a good name for yerself, then consumers will trust the product more. Shit I'm 10 years into this an I charge next to nuthin...But I GET it...Yet I see these nobodys makin beats with Fruity Loops tryin to charge hundreds of dollars for their looped, elementary garbage...Hone yer skills an pay yer dues b4 u expect to GET paid!
Exactly.

May 2, 2002
There's a difference in making a beat & producing a song...I just started producing not that long ago but Ive just been trying to hone my skills...you dont see me posting shit like "check this new mobb beat" or "I got beats for sale" like alot of other do on this board cuz I know I still need to improve. I just got my studio equiptment so now Im just gonna keep getting better even though Ive already produced tracks for Deco-D, Say Crisiss, Majesty Records feat.B-Legit... Im about to work wit Big C (75 Degrees) & my boy told me B-Legit might wanna fuck wit me so I must be doin somethin right!
Also try to use live instruments!

P.S. I charge close to nothin literally!

Kp

Sicc OG
Oct 29, 2002
www.tootiterecords.com
the producing shit is getting out of hand

When I jumped in the game I jumped in head first guns blazen. I made some rookie mistakes and as I look back on some shit I did, I realize that there were a lot more options for me but I was young and hungry so fuck it. But man, I swear everyone thinks they can produce. I got all my beats for my debut album and I will not pay for beats like I did for this album in the future. Mother fuckers need to play their fucken POSISTION! Most of you mother fuckers aint tite and should think before even attempting to throw a dollar sign at your whack beats. Quit flooding the game. Get your shit straight and then holla. Be an asset to the game not a fucken waste of life.

Jan 30, 2003
www.strictlystackin.com
THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE PRODUCERS OR BEAT MAKERS FAULT! IT'S THE ARTIST'S BAD TASTE! MAFUCKAS JUST TRYIN TO GET THEY HUSTLE ON! I DON'T KNOCK ANYBODY TRYIN TO GET THAT PAPER! FA REAL. NOW IF THERE IS A SHITTY PRODUCER SLANGIN SORRY ASS BEATS, THAN MAFUCKAS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE FUCKIN WITH DUDE RIGHT? IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT DON'T ROLL & EVENTUALLY THEY WILL BE WEEDED OUT.

TO THEM PRODUCERS OUT THERE: IF YOU AINT GOT "ARTISTS" HITTIN YOU UP OFTEN THERE IS A REASON. YOU AINT TIGHT! IF YOU AINT SELLIN, YOU BETTER FIND ANOTHER JUKE.

NOW ABOUT MAFUCKAS NEEDING TO PAY THEY DUES YADAYADAYADA. I AGREE TO AN EXTENT. IF YOU AINT GOT NO EXPERIENCE DOING SHIT, HELL YEAH YOU NEED TO BREAK EM OFF FOR FREE BUT YOUR AVERAGE EVERYDAY HUSTLIN MAFUCKA NEED TO EAT, SO HE MOST DEF. IS GONNA START SLANGIN AS SOON AS HE GOT SOME SORT OF ACCLAIM. BELEEE DAT!

SHIT BOTTOM LINE IS THIS! BE PICKY LIKE AN AFRO WITH YOUR SHIT! ON MY SOLO DAMN NEAR EVERY TRACK GOT SLAPS! THEM SNIPPETS I BEEN SENDING OUT ARE ABOUT 8/10 IN MY OPINION. BUT I ALSO GOT THEM 10'S I AINT STUPID ENOUGH TO LET THE WORLD HERE YET. SOME WITH RADIO APPEAL. I GOT EM FOR SALE ONLY IF MAFUCKAS REAL ABOUT IT AND WANNA BREAK BREAD. HOLLA AT A PLAYA

VDUBBLE