mpc to pro tools mtc

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
What are you trying to do, sync the akai to protools or protools to the akai? Either way, you have to set up one as master and one as slave. The master generates the MTC and the slave resolves it. It's pretty straight-forward.

In protools you go to: setup menu -> peripherals -> synchronization tab -> midi input for sync

On the Akai MPC: Tempo/Sync button (60/60ii/3000 series) or Midi/Sync (2000 series)

Jul 15, 2002
www.soundclick.com
ok i tried that but the only thing is when i press play on my mpc it starts and pro tools records but it starts late.

I tried adjusting the pre roll but it didnt work

any ideas?

thanks for hittin me with a solution though sikwidit

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i start all of my music at 5 measures. just to makesure everything is on time. pro tools is on a different "count" than a lot of programs. when i looked at my files in pro tools they were way off according to the time i had but the music was on time. i will be using pro tools today so i will ask jason (the engineer and pro tools master) about your problem.

be cool.

:h:

ps on some machines (like my vs recorder) you have to specify the TEMPO of the tracks/midi thats being synced. maybe you should set the same bpm on both machines and see if that helps.

Apr 25, 2002
The first command might be being construed as a clock instead of a 'ready'. If thats whats happening then I can't think of any work-around other than switching places between the master & slave. Akai doesn't have the best MTC programming.