mpc 2000xl or mpc 2500?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
that 2500 looks pretty nice but for 2 gs it should have 24/96 instead of just 16/44.1. I still want one though cuz it looks sexy as hell! When it comes to features that Roland MV8000 has more bang for your buck than the 2500 but i still think more people would rather have an AKAI cuz they don't have to learn a completly new way of doing things. I'm also torn between these machines but will most likley go software with a multi i/o midi interface and get maybe an MPD to trigger my samples for the sheer feel of the pads. I've never worked with an MPC so I'm kind of sketchy on getting one. I hate having to reteach myself how to do things but with production its just the nature of the beast.

Hersey whats up with that 4000 you have collecting dust? I'd get it off of your hands for the right price!

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
jayda650 said:
that 2500 looks pretty nice but for 2 gs it should have 24/96 instead of just 16/44.1. I still want one though cuz it looks sexy as hell! When it comes to features that Roland MV8000 has more bang for your buck than the 2500 but i still think more people would rather have an AKAI cuz they don't have to learn a completly new way of doing things. I'm also torn between these machines but will most likley go software with a multi i/o midi interface and get maybe an MPD to trigger my samples for the sheer feel of the pads. I've never worked with an MPC so I'm kind of sketchy on getting one. I hate having to reteach myself how to do things but with production its just the nature of the beast.

Hersey whats up with that 4000 you have collecting dust? I'd get it off of your hands for the right price!
Get the 4000,The whole thing about the mpc isnt just the feel of pads and bangin out beats...although it is nice,Its the sequencer that works some magic,Ive had friends who made beats on tritons make a beat on my mpc 3000...now they gotta have one.Its hard to describe,however whatever makes you comfortable..they all work..Sooner or later..I will get me a 4000, making beats on an mpc is easy,just gotta learn a few functions and thats it.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I suggest the 4000 IF you are familiar with the mpc. If you are not familiar with it you have a choice of the roland machine or the different mpc's. Personally I am not an mpc head. I went a long time without one and my reason for purchase was based on providing more ways for clients to make music. The same note you can hit on the mpc you can hit on a keyboard or input with the click of a mouse (if you are using a computer.) I prefer sequencers I can see on my LCD (sony), and hate squinting to see cramped words and menus (korg karma for example).

I can't pimpin. When I open up shop I will need one to so I can hook these boards and modules to.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I just don't like having to look at those tiny screens when I'm doing my thing, I think I'll get more out of figuring out something like cubase taking in my audio and using the softwares sound manipulation features to make my samples and importing them into reason cuz its just the platform I'm most comfortable with, Yeah I know my way is kind of ass backwards but thats my way till i figure out a better way. I know I should be rewiring my shit into the DAW software but I'm better with how reasons sequencer is set up as opposed to cubase for now so thats how I do it. Maybe the MPC is my answer who knows??

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Them little screens make you use your ears when truncating..I dont never look at the screen..jsut to make sure im hitting proper functions,hersy you right about hitting notes are the same...its funny cause I just got offf the phone with samoandagorilla and this is what I told him.If you had a sp1200, a mpc3000 and fruity loops,and you made the same beat on all machines you would notice differences in the sequencing....HOWEVER>>>>>>> AT the end of the day whatever you feel comfortable using and gives you enjoyment use it cause really you should be enjoying it.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
If you had a sp1200, a mpc3000 and fruity loops,and you made the same beat on all machines you would notice differences in the sequencing
This is a direct result of the difference in swing settings between the different sequencers. If you record each beat WITHOUT groove/swing quantize are you claiming each beat will be different? If you are claiming this please prove it. Make a simple drum pattern in each one and tell me if they sound different.

http://www.mpc2000xl.com/mpc_timing.htm

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
you can achieve any groove on any machine if you know how to work it right... only thing is it might not be as easy on some, since their features to manipulate the swing/groove are more accessable

i was gonna ask you the same thing heresy did 50...lol

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
the 4000 is nasty, I knew 2 guys that had one and they made some ill beats with them and the sound was real nice. I wouldn't mind having one but 2800 is alot to spend and it would probably take me a long minute to figure that thing out. I'm really fiendin for some hardware but there isn't anything one of those MPCs can do that software can't and then some i'm sure it goes the other way around too, they are so sexy lookin though. I wish they would make a pad controller that was built like one of those, I'd drop a couple hun on one depending on how solid they made it. The MPDs and the trigger fingers are cool but they look and feel like toys compared to the real deal. It kinda pisses me off that they jip us software cats like that and give us janky toys to control our MIDI with.

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I realize that you can tweak your shit to obtain the swing but,some would find that difficult,I dont always quantize,and at this moment I only have the mpc3000 as the sequencer...fruity loops I threw away,and I gave my sp12 turbo to a friend(then he sold it probably for1/4 of its worth) I guess Im a hardware guy,I like to twist knobs like my jp8000.....I once had a yamaha rs7000 that had some knobs for ya...If I ever get software it would probably just be soft synths,but right now I have a motif rack a tx81z and an e.m.u. e4xt and my yamaha m16 mixer sits on top of those...however I want a bigger mixer with more inputs....,..I claim not to know everything but its just all fun for me...I love gear,I love to play with it,read about it, and talk about it

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
HERESY said:
This is a direct result of the difference in swing settings between the different sequencers. If you record each beat WITHOUT groove/swing quantize are you claiming each beat will be different? If you are claiming this please prove it. Make a simple drum pattern in each one and tell me if they sound different.

http://www.mpc2000xl.com/mpc_timing.htm

who is that guy in the thread?