Motif MO6 V.S. Mpc 1000

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
if you are new to this shit i wouldn't get niether, I'd get reason and a midi keyboard and some DAW software cuz the learning curve on the Motif is said to be tough and if you are New the MPC wouldn't do you much good if you don't have any sounds.

Jul 25, 2005
www.robeyee.com
i got the motif rack and the sounds are the extremely good, but i never used it for sequencing or samplin cuz its only the rack. my advice would to start fuckin with software and see how u sound then step it up, but the mpc is more useful for sample based tracks the motif is usually for doin beats with only keys.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I would get the mpc2000xl used for about same price as new mpc1000...if price aint an issue...get the mpc4000,In any case everything has a learning curve,and also get an older midi keyboard with onboard sounds,then if its workin for ya,upgrade and get some rack modules,the mpc holds its value pretty good

Dec 9, 2005
Not trying to jack the thread and this might be a dumb question but:

Is there any difference between the MO6 and the regular Motif6 ES ?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
MOREBASS said:
Not trying to jack the thread and this might be a dumb question but:

Is there any difference between the MO6 and the regular Motif6 ES ?
Yes, and in my opinion the differences warrant the purchase of an ES instead of Mo6. My opinion is based on my ownership of an ES.

More polyphony
more voices/sounds
more arps
revamped fx engine
better sampling capabilities

Mar 20, 2006
I got reason 3.0 and a casio midi controller.. but i think its time for me to try something new, and see what i could get out of either one(motif,MPC)

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I think the a used mpc 2000xl,or if you can find a 3000 cheap get the 3000..I dont use no vst or computer programs for beats,but I would say that you have a midi controller,you can then use the mpc to sequence the drum sounds and samples on the mpc,and sequence the vsts on the computer,You will need a mixer,at the very least a cheap 2 channel dj mixer to monitor the sounds.

Apr 25, 2002
rodneyz, make sure you understand that an MPC is nothing more then a sampling drum machine with a built-in midi sequencer. It doesn't have a synth engine and it doesn't come with it's own built-in sounds. MPC's arn't a necessary piece of equipment by a long shot, especially in the age of computer-based music production. In my opinion your money would be better spent on something more robust.

While there's nothing wrong with asking for opinions, do yourself a favor a go to your nearest Guitar Center and actually demo this stuff first-hand. That's the best way to decide what purchase is the right one for you to make.

May 1, 2003
Sick Wid It said:
do yourself a favor a go to your nearest Guitar Center and actually demo this stuff first-hand. That's the best way to decide what purchase is the right one for you to make.
Agreed, but don't wear out your welcome , I been kicked out of GC a coupla times. lol

Mar 1, 2006
I've tried both and my preference is the motif. took about 8 months to fully understand it. cool toy to have. those mpc's are sick too, but i'm really not into sampling stuff so the motif was the choice for me. both have good qualities . but def go play with some shit at the store to find which you prefer. either or can produce heat on the tracks.

Mar 20, 2006
Sick Wid It said:
rodneyz, make sure you understand that an MPC is nothing more then a sampling drum machine with a built-in midi sequencer. It doesn't have a synth engine and it doesn't come with it's own built-in sounds. MPC's arn't a necessary piece of equipment by a long shot, especially in the age of computer-based music production. In my opinion your money would be better spent on something more robust.

While there's nothing wrong with asking for opinions, do yourself a favor a go to your nearest Guitar Center and actually demo this stuff first-hand. That's the best way to decide what purchase is the right one for you to make.
Thanx 4 the advise