Most disappointing NBA free agent signing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2005
So who do yall think has been the most disappointing Free Agent signing this year? Considering personal stats are and teams record. I might be missing some other folks but thats who I came up wit off the top of my head.

Richard Jefferson
Rasheed Wallace
Ron Artest
Ben Gordon
Charlie Villanueva
Vince Carter
Hedo Turkolu

I gotta say Richard Jefferson, I kept sayin "Just give him some time", but this dude is weak sauce like a muthafucka. He was the exact type of player SA needed and dude is just playing like a bitch out there. Spurs are hangin on to 7 spot thanks to Manu.
At least Rasheed started out hot. Artests team is doin good, but they got him for LeBron and hes smoked their asses both times. Ben and Charlie? Ehh... wasnt expectin much from Detroit, but they are worse than I thought.

Jan 28, 2005
Can't call it, but Raptor fans HATE Hedo Turkoglu right now...
Funny, because he's just about exactly what he was in Orlando- except he gets more assists being in Toronto.

He came up huge for the Magic in the playoffs last year when things really mattered, and I don't know if Vince Carter can be that man this year in the playoffs.

Trust me- Hedo Turkoglu is not the player preventing the Raptors from anything.

Obviously being a Pistons fan, the Ben Gordon/Charlie V. situation is for me the most disappointing. Joe D. spent about $150M on two players that ride the fuckin' bench- which is about the only consistencies either of them have.

Jonas Jarebko plays harder than Villanueva down low.

and Ben Gordon has terrible shot selections.

Jul 6, 2008
jefferson was the product of jason kidd in new jersey. some players are system players aint cant adjust and thrive on other teams.

i thought wallace would do better, but the celtics are washed up now. but at least they got a championship before the window closed. so they really aint no loss.

they need to blow that team up son. start over.

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
Artest of late yes, but you cant put him in the same category as Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva, they have been the nbiggest bust by far. The Pistons are horrible and its really crazy seeing that theyve been healthy with Rip and Stuckey what has happened to them

Mar 16, 2005
Richard jefferson has been ballin actually, but on a SAS team thats getting old and now competing with Dallas, Denver, PHX.... you aint gonna hear much

Jan 28, 2005
When you break it down to dollars and sense though... Detroit did the worst in free agency. Threw a bunch of cash at players that aren't putting up very good numbers OR getting fans into seats. That's a bad look on both the game and business sides.

Give me Hedo Turkeyglue for whatever amount of money he signed or as opposed to overpaying two bench stars any day.

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
When you break it down to dollars and sense though... Detroit did the worst in free agency. Threw a bunch of cash at players that aren't putting up very good numbers OR getting fans into seats. That's a bad look on both the game and business sides.

Give me Hedo Turkeyglue for whatever amount of money he signed or as opposed to overpaying two bench stars any day.
Cents?

I understand what youre saying, but Ben Gordon is a proven scorer, based on his resume he is most def worth the cash that they "threw at him". He was the Bulls leading scorer, AND he was gettin fans in the seats in Chicago...you still see the #7 BG jerseys at the United Center

Jan 12, 2006
richard jefferson most dissapointing by a long shot!

This trade completely takes the Spurs out of the 2010 free agency market because Jefferson is owed $15 million in the 2010-2011. This deal also puts the Spurs over the luxury tax this season by $4.5 million. Losing Thomas and Oberto will also have an impact on the Spurs because their only big behind Bonner and Duncan will be Ian Mahinmi.

Jan 28, 2005
Cents?

I understand what youre saying, but Ben Gordon is a proven scorer, based on his resume he is most def worth the cash that they "threw at him". He was the Bulls leading scorer, AND he was gettin fans in the seats in Chicago...you still see the #7 BG jerseys at the United Center
That's right. In Chicago.

not Detroit.

Ben Gordon is a fourth option behind Rip, Tayshaun and Stuckey. Some night's Ben Gordon isn't even an option because of his terrible shot selection. His numbers have all gone down since he got to Detroit.

Maybe he'll be more comfortable next season. Detroit is practically log jammed at their guard positions. Its like our franchise wants to move forward half-starting all of our guards.

I just didn't understand why we signed Ben Gordon to a $50M+ contract when we have Rodney Stuckey and Richard Hamilton. Stuckey has Will Bynum as a solid back up PG, and you don't bring in a back up Shooting Guard for that kind of money. Plus we got Chucky Atkins.

If either Rip or Stuckey get traded in the off season in a deal for a good post player and Ben Gordon starts at the 2 position giving Detroit at least 15 ppg and 5 assists, I'll be content with having him on my squad.

Right now though, it just doesn't make sense to me.