MOS DEF CALLz OUT THOzE CLAIM'N "BEST RAPPER ALIVE"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 4, 2007
i gotta say lyrically mos def is one of the top niggas out there...and i guess he can take on most of the niggas that claim that there the greatest alive...mos is a storyteller that keeps it dope and like i said lyrically he can smash on niggas

Feb 8, 2003
He need to sit his jealous ass down somewhere. he got lyrics but that shit not cutting it to the majority he in a no win situation I know he talking bout Lil Wayne, jay-z or eminem point is he cant win up against them bc they fan base way tooo big.

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
his dream team are all of my favorite mcs too...

im wondering who jay would comprise his team of?
I would think jay would have Em, BDK, KGR and KRS-1...At least that would be who I'd pick. That line up would shit on Mos Def's team easy.

Mar 4, 2007
i dont think jay can pick a very good team i mean they might be alright but compared to the ppl that mos got on his team i think it would be an interesting battle..if this goes down that would be dope shit

Feb 17, 2006
since he mentioned kanye as another captain, anyone got links to legit freestyles from him? ive only seen garbage preschool rhymes when hes been on wake up show... but i may be missing some..

Feb 9, 2006
Mos/Talib and all them are the best lyrically, but majority of people dont care about that no more. Its all about cool metaphores and similis with a slappin club beat. Thats all it really is now a days in mainstream.

All the muther fuckers that keep it real and keep it an actual art are the ones struggling. Sad but true. There are a select handful of mainstream dudes that every now and then surprise me with some real talent. But its few and far between. The people that really really tell it how it is dont really get radio/tv time.

Dont get me wrong Im a fan or Wayne/Kanye and all that cuz they do make music I like to listen to, but I would NEVER classify them as the best alive or dead. Just cuz u got the most record sales doesnt make you the best, it just makes you someone that knows what the majority of people want.