MOB MUSIC APPRECIATION THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
in my eyes Back 2 The Hotel was the original unofficial mob beat. then Black 64 was official.

E-40 gives credit to Mob Boss and Studio Ton for the music. 1st time i heard the term was:
THats a pretty keen observation. I never really thought of that song as mobb, but listening to it again, the elements are most definitely there. I think the horns kinda throw it off, but the baseline, high hats, and clap/kicks are for sure there.

May 9, 2002
Not mobb shit? Sounds like u stick on one sound or one producer to consider something mobb. U tryna say cbo in theses streets ain't mobb shit. Please, ain't nobody tryna conform to what u consider mobb homie.
Uhhh it has nothing to do with what i "consider" mobb...mobb is what it is, and those songs are not mobb. Mobb is a specific sound...like any other sub genre of music. Youre posting gangsta shit as mobb shit, but they arent mutually inclusive. Mobb IS a very specific sound, and it has to do with the beat. Here are some examples of real classic mobb shit:

To me, the fodfather of Mobb is Mike Mosely/Same Bostic, and Studio Tone comes a very close second. From there, K-Lou and Stevie Dee picked up on it and they used a lot of mobb elements in their sounds, but werent copy cats. Johnny Z was also a very underrated as a mobb music maker.

Feb 11, 2006
Not old or not classic but this shit is hella dope imo ...modern mobb muzik?? Alot of other regions making what I consider Mobbish Music nowadays .....This shit is Gas