MNF panthers patriots

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2003
Anyway can Newton and the rest of the panthers team played a great game!!! N cam making about 6 or 7 patriot defenders miss him on what should of been a loss of yardage was insane lol. Most def earned that win

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2003
your right, it is funny how at the end of the game everyone demands a defensive penalty. Ball was under thrown and Gronk prevented the other lb from intercepting it basically. The ball was already thrown by the time any contact was made. I think the refs got it right a no call is the best call

Hyperbole?

In this case, people are only asking for a defensive penalty as there was a defensive penalty.

If there had been no defensive penalty, I don't agree that "everyone" would be demanding one.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Why was the flag thrown then? Obviously a ref saw what everyone saw.... a pass interference. The ball was catchable and it was thrown in the field of play. Gronk wasn't allowed to come back to the ball because he was interfered with.

Props: fuckery
Nov 24, 2003
Why was the flag thrown then? Obviously a ref saw what everyone saw.... a pass interference. The ball was catchable and it was thrown in the field of play. Gronk wasn't allowed to come back to the ball because he was interfered with.

Not necessarily a PI, but absolutely a textbook hold by definition.

An eligible receiver is considered to be an obstructing opponent ONLY to a point five yards beyond the line of scrimmage unless the player who receives the snap clearly demonstrates no further intention to pass the ball. Within this five-yard zone, a defensive player may chuck an eligible player in front of him. A defensive player is allowed to maintain continuous and unbroken contact within the five-yard zone until a point when the receiver is even with the defender. The defensive player cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an eligible receiver in a manner that restricts movement as the play develops. Beyond this five-yard limitation, a defender may use his hands or arms ONLY to defend or protect himself against impending contact caused by a receiver. In such reaction, the defender may not contact a receiver who attempts to take a path to evade him.
NFL Rules Digest: Use of Hands, Arms, and Body

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
The defensive player cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an eligible receiver in a manner that restricts movement as the play develops.

the defender may not contact a receiver who attempts to take a path to evade him.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Following the game, Blakeman defended his crew's decision, saying the original call was pass interference but that Gronkowski's distance from the ball rendered the pass uncatchable.

"So it was determined at that point in time that when the primary contact occurred on the tight end that the ball, in essence, was coming in underthrown and in essence it was [immediately] at that point intercepted at the front end of the end zone," he said. "So there was a determination that, in essence, uncatchability -- that the ball was intercepted at or about the same time the primary contact against the receiver occurred."
sooo.arm.chair.coaches.eat.a.dick.game.over.Week.
twelve.now.stop.it.damn.tornadoes.

Last edited:
Props: T-Rip
Jan 18, 2006
Hyperbole?

In this case, people are only asking for a defensive penalty as there was a defensive penalty.

If there had been no defensive penalty, I don't agree that "everyone" would be demanding one.
I was more saying it could have very well been an offensive penalty like 2-0-Sixx suggested. But really a non call was the best call. Everyone also saying Gronk didnt sell it good enough to get a call.

Last edited:
Props: StillHustlin
Nov 24, 2003
I was more saying it could have very well been an offensive penalty like 2-0-Sixx suggested. But really a non call was the best call. Everyone also saying Gronk didnt sell it good enough to get a call.

1) You can use the link to the rulebook I provided, but could you post the rule that Gronk broke?

2) So he should have flopped....Don't we have enough of that BS in the NBA?